8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Possible new trailer reel from The Reel Image

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible new trailer reel from The Reel Image
Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 24, 2019 01:39 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depending on the interest shown, a Marvel trailer reel in scope & stereo might be an upcoming Super 8mm release. The reel would consist of trailers for:

Ghost Rider
Thor: The Dark World
The Incredible Hulk

Please let Steve Osborne know if you're interested either buy contacting him at thereelimage_043@yahoo.com or by posting here.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2019 05:18 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be interested and I have already spoke to him about it. [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 27, 2019 11:58 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I'm not into the whole superhero craze ...

Now, if they were to release a whole collection of STAR WARS trailers from the new series (especially if they could get all three for this new series), THAT I would buy ...

This is not to say that I don't wish Steve the best in his super 8 release endeavors. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 27, 2019 04:24 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agree with Osi, find the new super hero «films» uninteresting. Digital to film, I don’t see the point myself. I rather have had the Django, Hateful 8 combo that was discussed, that I would buy

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 27, 2019 06:41 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sourcing doesn't matter that much to me: bottom line is does it look good on screen.

As opposed to trailers, what would be nice is something Super-8 isn't very rich in: day sets. What I've always wanted is the kind of day sets they show at drive-in theaters.

Even with a trailer reel, a little "Welcome to the Show!" at the very beginning would be kind of nice!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted August 27, 2019 07:17 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`m all for a new trailer reel but myself I find that the only thing that looks good on the 8mm with its slightly muted look these days are things from an IB etch source really.

They still get a lot of the colour through to the 8mm picture.

Or is the new poly better ? hope so, as would be great.

Best Mark.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 27, 2019 08:35 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A slight correction to Vidar's post. Ghost Rider and The Incredible Hulk were shot on film. Thor: The Dark World was shot digitally, released digitally and also in 35mm. I will ask for confirmation that the trailer reel is sourced from 35mm.

Doug

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2019 09:31 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just spoke with Steve O and he said that the trailers would be sourced from 35mm not digital. He also mentioned he would like to add daysets on the reel as well so you may be in luck Steve K! [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 27, 2019 09:56 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve brought out a Cinema Policy reel a few years ago which introduced the current trailers while asking the audience to behave themselves.

-it’s nice!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 27, 2019 10:08 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Phelps beat me to it. 35mm it is.

Doug

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 21, 2019 10:46 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I missed this thread earlier but I must say I'm delighted to hear that some 35mm trailers are still being produced, also because presumably they are linked to features being made available on 35mm. It's great to hear that at least in the USA, there are still some surviving '35mm only' cinemas that can get releases other than the occasional film such as 'Once Upon A Time ... In America'.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC