8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Badly Wanted: Charley Chase on 8mm!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Badly Wanted: Charley Chase on 8mm!!
Michael Scheck
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2004 08:29 AM      Profile for Michael Scheck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello and greetings to all on this forum!

I just sent the following request to Paul Foster and then thought I could post it here as well:

I am desperatly looking for Charley Chase Shorts on 8mm (Super8mm or Regular8mm). Maybe one of you folks got one or two he wants to sell to a Chase enthusiast in Switzerland??? PLEEEASE!
I already got "His Wooden Wedding", "Looking for Sally", "Movie Night", "Crazy Like A Fox", "Long Fliv the King", "The Big Squirt", "The Heckler", "Southern Exposure", "Now We'll Tell One", "The Count Takes the Count", "On the Wrong Treck", "Neighborhood House" and "You Said A Hatful".

Thank you very much in advance!

Greetings from boiling hot Switzerland where you can't do anything in the evening but bringing your projector out to cool out a bit... [Cool]
...and where there are no grumpy neighbors who object against a good booming stereo sound after ten [Mad]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 29, 2004 03:39 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is it boiling hot? - There are the Alps, and Switzerland is well above the equatorial line - I never thought that even in August, it's sweltering - At most I figured the temperatures would be in the 50's - I have a Std 8 one-reeler called IS MARRIAGE THE BUNK? (Roach), which I'm only selling as part of a package deal of 50 shorts (No other Chase in the lot, though) - I have SETTLED AT SEASIDE and some of the earliest Sennett work he did, but I'm keeping those - Have you subscribed to BIG REEL and tried MediaFilms@aol.com (Roger Williams) also philfilm@8mm16mmfilmscollectibles.com (Phil Johnson), as they might have Chase shorts - Success to you - Shorty

Michael Scheck
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2004 10:54 PM      Profile for Michael Scheck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Shorty,
well, it just WAS too hot when I wrote that post! We're not used to heath here, in the land of the alps, glaciers and the Matterhorn [Wink]
(It's already cooled down now).
Thank you very much for your help! Those adresses are quite new to me, I shall try them out immediately.
Best regards and greetings from Switzerland,
Michael

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 30, 2004 04:41 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Just as Shorty said, Roger O. Williams is a very good source. His latest list has the following Chase titles:

All Wet (1924) Standard 8mm
Bromo & Juliet (1926) Super 8mm
Long Fliv the King (1925) Super 8mm
Mighty Like A Moose (1926) Super 8mm
Crazy Like A Fox Standard 8mm
Midsummer Mush Standard 8mm sound
Nature In The Wrong ""
Neighborhood House ""
Nickle Nurser ""

Good Luck!
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2004 12:54 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does Mr. Williams have a web site through which he sells film?

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2004 05:53 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No he does not Brad.You can email him and request a flyer he sends out about four times a year.I have bought from him and he has some good titles.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 20, 2004 10:43 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MediaFilms@aol.com - No site though - Try Steve Osborne at REEL IMAGES - His publication is all Super and Std 8 - There might be some Chase out there - Please mention me - Shorty

Michael Scheck
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2004 02:13 PM      Profile for Michael Scheck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi shorty,
and all you others who tried to help me out here: thank you!
Can you give me the web or e-mail adress of REEL IMAGE, please.
Best regards and greetings from not-quite-that-hot-anymore Switzerland,
Michael

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 26, 2004 12:58 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Steve Osborne can be reached at:
thereelimage_043@yahoo.com
or his 24 hour voice mail (especially good for those pesky time differences): 937-296-9036

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC