8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted S8 200' - 100' - 50' Reels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted S8 200' - 100' - 50' Reels
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2005 10:47 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I need some used Super 8 reels, 200's, 100's, even 50's, I'll pay for them, either tell me what you've got and how much you want for them (inc. p&p) or just let me know what you have and I'll give you a quote. I would think this will only interest UK customers, so contact me at indi8films@aol.com if you have any reels for sale.

I look forward to hearing from you.

All The Best,

Barry.

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2005 01:45 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy's come on now some of the reels have to be worth more than the films (lol) [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 10, 2005 03:48 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say that I tend to hang on to my spare spools these days. Every time I have got rid of a load in the past I have then needed some. [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted February 10, 2005 08:21 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got plenty of these but I'm sadly not anywhere near the UK so shipping would make this a bad deal for you... and I'm kinda with Kevin as well, having sold four beautiful 800' reels on eBay for a very disappointing $12.83 (my opening bid was $1.00) - why on Earth didn't I do a reserve auction!! [Mad]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2005 02:18 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit I take all your points on board, but I have found a solution (kind of), as I am transfering a number of silent films I have in stock (some still brand new) onto 400' reels, and I can get 3 on at a time, thus giving me some 200's to play with. I will be advertising these reels on ebay, but I'm not expecting great money for them, but when they are not earning me any money, then something is better than nothing. Anyway thanks for the replies, and I'm sorry it's taken a little while to reply, but the computer died last week, so what can you do.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2005 11:21 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, I've got about 18 or so 200ft spools, varies types but all decent. Can swop you for a short [Wink] if you're still interested!

Does your quest for empty spools mean a new batch of trailer releases coming soon [Wink] ???

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2005 12:24 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Rob,

Yes I'm interested in your reels, give me a ring and I'll swap them for a short. No new stuff on the horizon, but I've just bought in quite a big collection, with things like 3 "Tom & Jerry" cartoons on one 600' spool, so I need spools to put them back as single reels to sell them. I think I might have over 100 new titles on my next lists (perhaps more), so watch out for them at the beginnig of March (if my computer problems don't persist, that is!).

So I'll speak to you soon.

All The Best,

Barry.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2005 06:23 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, if you read this I'll be giving you a call tomorrow (Monday).

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2005 09:44 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob,

Perhaps you should email me at indi8films@aol.com a couple of titles and I'll get back to you and let you know what's available, then you can choose what one you want for the reels (if you could send your titles in order of preference, it would help).

All The Best,

Barry.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC