8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Super 8 Features for sale (2 old ones)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 Features for sale (2 old ones)
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2005 11:10 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make an offer that I can not refuse :-)

Grease (Flat-Mono) 4 x 400 or 2/800 foot reels Warm color in some scenes; I bought this print brand new in 1981

Hoppity Goes To Town 4/400 or 2/800 foot reels. Black and white version of the color film

Both features full length in great condition as to be expected.

FREE SHIPPING if you buy both films at once AND make a VERY GOOD offer !!

I will accept Paypal HOWEVER prefer to ship only within the USA.
Please use the email address below because I might not check this posting for awhile due to traveling. Films would be available Mid-May. All merchandise must be prepaid before shipping.

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 22, 2005 11:30 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip, are you sure Grease is the full feature. AMG says the running time is 110 minutes. Can you squeeze 110 minutes on 4x400' reels. [Confused]

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2005 12:23 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dan,

there was an discussion about airplane few months ago.

Yes, 4 x 400 could be possible when the print was made in Germany on thinner Kodak polyester and not on normal Kodak polyester.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2005 05:38 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 22, 2005 05:46 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Grease the full 110 minutes version? Also, why not offer worldwide shipping to all the members of the forum? Shipping these small packages is very easy. [Confused]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 22, 2005 06:25 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All he said was he would PREFER to ship within the USA only; he didn't say he won't ship anywhere else, period. (It might have to do with the fact it's easier to print your own labels for domestic shipping from within PayPal, vs. international shipping) [Wink]

And which part of "email me 'cause I won't be here for a while" are you guys having trouble with, anyway [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 22, 2005 06:47 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, I never questioned "email me 'cause I won't be here for a while". As far as shipping is concerned, I've shipped hundreds of films all over the world effortlessly. He does not say he will ship outside the USA, period!! No more time was involved for international labels than domestic.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2005 10:18 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK OK OK

Shipping overseas is expensive. But if the costs are completly covered, YES it shall be done.

I am traveling for the complete month of April and have NO TIME to ship the films before that.

Now, who will make me an offer I can't refuse?

CG

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 22, 2005 10:31 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Chip! Three cheers! Now, is Grease the complete 110 minutes feature? [Big Grin]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 22, 2005 11:23 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan: my apologies if I upset you with my comment, it was meant to be more of a tongue-in-cheek thing since people posted several replies here after Chip asked that he be emailed. [Wink] A failed attempt at subtle humor, if you will. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 22, 2005 11:25 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Chip! Three cheers! Now, is Grease the complete 110 minutes feature? [Big Grin]

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2005 08:11 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is full length.

Color fade is most noticeable during the high school dance contest, and at the very end in the PG rating. Good sound throughout the print. And for those interested, the print is still available.

The movie is full frame standard flat throughout. The opening credits at the start and at the end of the film are letterboxed. And for some strange reason that I can not answer, these letterboxes are RED instead of black and therefore beyond my control.

Please make me a great offer because really, I do not want to part with this print. But I just don't have the room in my film cabinet to store it.

When I began as a movie projectionist in summer of 1978; this was the first movie I ran WITHOUT another projectionist in the booth breaking me in. And as we all know, this movie meant big business.

And when I looked at a list of features on a typed page, Grease became my FIRST ever super 8 feature to my collection. Having replaced it a few years ago with Derann's scope rerelease, it still remains a sentimental copy to me personally. So please guys, make me a really good offer, as I hate to see it go but need to move it.

Sales transaction:

Paypal accepted. Please send letter of interest (prfcg@cape.com) to arrange prepayment in full.

FIRST TIME BUYERS WITH ME: Films can not be shipped until the funds are in my bank account. This will take a few days after you send the Paypal.

SECOND TIME BUYERS WITH ME: Films will be shipped upon email notice of full payment via Paypal receipts.

BUYERS WITHOUT PAYPAL: A USA Postal Money order will be accepted in the full amount only. International orders must be paid in USD $ funds.

UPS/FEDEX/ shippers require a street address for delivery. Keep this in mind when sending your address.

Films will not be shipped until May 8th. They will be held locked and secured in my film cabinet while I am traveling. You need not worry.

$15.00 postage within the USA

15% postage to the rest of the world (the same as Derann's policy)

FREE shipping within the USA if you buy Hopptiy Goes To Town at the same time you buy Grease.

Both movies will be shipped on 800 foot reels (2 per flick). 1200 foot reels are not available, and you must request break down to 400 foot reels if this is what you need

No returns, exchanges or refunds. If you would like me to screen the prints one last time before I ship them out please ask and I will be happy to do so. Ask me to check anything specific.

CG

Michael Clark
Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2005 11:33 AM      Profile for Michael Clark   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you sold Grease yet? [Eek!]

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2005 10:37 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grease & Hoppity are still available. I am home from vacation and can ship upon full payment. See instructions within these posts.

CG

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC