8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » rare 8mm items

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rare 8mm items
Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2005 09:15 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have added more used films on my web page for sale.

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2005 11:07 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andreas.

Wow! How come I've never seen your site before. There is so much I want on there!

Are you happy to ship stuff to the U.K.?

My first order will be that Marketing print of Star Wars! Been after that for years!

EDIT - sorry, in all the excitment I didn't look at the shipping section! This site is really together! I think my credit card may be in for a tough time!!!

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 08, 2005 11:21 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great website, Andeas. Are any of your films in English language? [Smile]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 08, 2005 03:09 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of what he sells is German-language prints released by former distributors such as UFA and Piccolo, but his website does have a section for films with original sound. I agree, though, the site is great. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2005 05:13 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your replys. [Smile]

Yes I shipping also to the UK. I shipping worldwide.
Thats the reason for the diffrent languages of my website.

A few films for sale are with english, french or italian sound.

Centfox´s german Star Wars release (distributed by marketing-film) shows a lot of scenes not shown in the both ken-extracts.

yrs.
Andreas

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 08, 2005 06:18 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Centfox" ??

I knew Hollywood studios were greedy and CHEAP, but 20th Cent-ury Fox is taking it a bit too far, methinks [Big Grin]

--------------------

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2005 03:47 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
????? Jan, I don´t understand what you mean.
Könntest du mir das auf Deutsch erklären?
(Could you explain me in german please?)

google ===> centfox film gmbh

Centfox is used in german and austrian filmbusiness newspapers.
Centfox Film Gmbh is the austrian division of Twentieth Century Fox.

[ April 09, 2005, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Andreas Eggeling ]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 09, 2005 06:50 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I have had some great titles from Andreas. If he says a title is Mint "A" condition then believe me it is. Dont forget also that some of the cartoon titles such as the Disneys do have english sound even though the titles may be in German.
Great web site Andreas, Busting with even more titles since I visited it last.
Dont forget I'm still after that Optical sound German print called "DB"

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 09, 2005 07:42 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andreas: sorry I went over your head [Smile] you got a PM (du hast eine private Nachricht) [Wink]

As for "DB" ... Deutsche Bahn? Or what is that?

--------------------

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2005 09:23 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Jan, is that the english word for "Pfennigfuchser" [Big Grin]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 09, 2005 09:28 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a site, Sorry i never realised it existed.
Are you actually a dealer?

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2005 09:51 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

I say about me that I am a dealer AND a collector. Over 50% of german "collectors" I know, are also dealer but they would not say about themselve that they make deals with buying and selling 8mm, but they do.

The website is not designed by me. I used the open source php-code from "Oscommerce".

Everybody can download and use it for selling Flowers, DVD´s, Jeans, Tea ........ and...... Super8mm".

Andreas

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2005 03:20 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andreas,

I noticed that there are two listings for the Star Wars Films by Marketing Inc., one is listed at a lower price than the other.
Can you please provide details to these extracts, and how much footage will I be able to add to the original Ken Films 2 part extracts which I own.
For instance, does this version have an extended light sabre scene with Darth Vader and Obi Wan Kenobi? The Ken films version was dramatically edited.

I have an interest in these films, and hopefuly both are not claimed, but if they are available, I would like to know how much more to expect in storyline to the current extracts which would extend the Ken Films versions footage?

I tried to email you, but was blocked. Can you please contact me off line?

Thanks for your help.
Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2005 05:05 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael,

I have one little mistake in my database, which I have corrected now. The polyprint was 38,50 EUR and is already sold. The acetat print is the cheaper print because a part of the fox-logo is missing.

It is a long time ago that I have had the first Ken Film extract. But I remember that the marketing film version shows nearly the same storyline but is about 10 minutes longer.

That´s the reason why UFA sold only the second KEN extract in Germany and not the first one. I remember that there was a few scenes in the first extract which were not shown in the marketing version.

So the marketing-version (acetat) plus the second Ken-Extract (polyester) mixed together have a playing time of about 42 minutes. A little bit more if scenes from the first Ken extract are also spliced in.

The picture quality of the marketing version is far better, but also flat (not widescreen).

Obi Wan Kenobi dead is also edited in the german version.

Andreas

PS: I have a already mixed marketing/Ken extract2 on one 600 feet and one 400 feet reel for sale, but not listed. Have to check the second reel first.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC