8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted : Bruce Lee trailers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted : Bruce Lee trailers
Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2006 10:58 AM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
as I have all 5 of his films on super 8, I'd love to get the individual trailers to show before each film.
Anyone interested in selling?
[Smile]
Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 01, 2006 12:02 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dave,
Do you have the German UFA Bruce Lee films?
I do have the trailers but Im not selling..sorry!
I have the Trailers to Game of Death, Big Boss, Enter the Dragon, Fists of Fury, and Return of the Dragon.

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2006 12:58 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan,
yes, 4 of the films are UFA German language (4 x 400ft).
Enter the dragon is in English but I don't know who released this as as it's been respooled onto 2 x 800ft spools.
Have't got a projector that I would risk them on, but that should be put right when I get the S940!
Just have to keep looking for the trailers.
Missed out on 4 of them recently on Ebay when I forgot to log on in time!
[Frown]
Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2006 03:49 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave-
Columbia/Warner Brothers Super 8 in the U.S. released the 4x400 foot version of Enter The Dragon. It was one of thier last releases, and the only digest in 4 x 400 foot parts by that company (the only one I know of, anyway).

Nick.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2006 03:43 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Dave,

I've got "The Big Boss" Trl. on my list now at £12 plus p&p, it's masked for widescreen, and I've also got a Thunderbird trailer reel with 2 of Bruce Lee's films on (I think they are "Enter The Dragon" & "The Big Boss") I've also got another "Big Boss" trailer in Scope and a making of Featurette of "Enter The Dragon" that will be going on my new lists, I haven't looked at them yet, but if you like I'll look at them and give you 1st refusal if you like, but I won't say anything about prices until I've seen them, as I always check for any marks and the colour and then rate them accordingly. If you want to have a look at my lists that are currently up then go to THE BFCC SITE and follow the link to the "Independent 8" pages. You can email me at indi8films@aol.com if you like too.

All The Best,

Barry,
Independent 8.

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2006 04:51 AM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry,
yes I would definitely be interested in the masked big Boss and the "making of" Enter The Dragon featurette.
On your lists you also have a separate trailer for Enter The Dragon" (4973), do you still have this?
Once you have priced the "making of" I will be looking to purchase all three.

Thanx,
Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2006 08:51 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Dave,

4973 has been sold, but it's the same promo/featurette that I've got to look at, so if you email me with your email address, I'll get back to you when I've looked at it. I'll put the masked "Big Boss" trailer to oneside for you for the time being.

All The Best,

Barry.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 02, 2006 11:00 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry,
Big Boss in Scope? That sounds pretty cool. Can you check out the quality for me? Also Dave, I just remembered I may have 2x Enter the Dragon Trailers. I'll check tonight. If they are the same I can sell you one of them.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2006 11:25 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Alan,

Yes I will, it is the Derann trailer and it runs for about 100', it's a fine trailer, and the english captions are so bad they are good. Once I've checked it out I'll let you know.

Barry.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 02, 2006 08:09 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry/Dave

I have that Thunderbird reel (or at least the Lee trailers, as I got rid of the rest). The other one on this apart from 'Enter the Dragon' is not 'The Big Boss', it's 'Fists of Fury'. I recall both being nice sharp prints.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2006 03:01 AM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrian,
"Fists of Fury" was actually the American release name for "The Big Boss", Bruce's first film.
This is not to be confused with "Fist of Fury" which was Bruce's second film.
Barry, can you confirm that it is "Fists of Fury" rather than "Fist of Fury" on the Thunderbird reel?

Thanks,
Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2006 06:25 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

it's the U.S. title Fists Of Fury, which we know as "The Big Boss", but it's a different cut to the one I've saved for you, as it's the American edit.

Barry.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 03, 2006 01:16 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've learnt something here! The amazing thing is that I also have the Derann scope trailer for 'The Big Boss' and I never realised that it was the same film as seen on the US 'Fists of Fury' trl. That shows how different the two are in style and content.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2006 04:41 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry,
could you also put aside 4937 "Saturday Night Fever" for me please?
Bit of a strange combination I know; Bruce Lee & John Travolta! [Roll Eyes]
Just "Fist of Fury", "Way of the Dragon" and "Game of Death" trailers still to find.
Paul/Alan; won the S940 on Ebay. [Big Grin]
Will let you know how I get on when it arrives.

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 03, 2006 08:16 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday Night Fever and Bruce Lee are a perfect match! In John Travolta's room there is a poster of Bruce Lee on the wall from Enter the Dragon. Right before he starts singing, Attica, attica...!

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2006 02:24 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Dave,

I've put your Saturday Night Fever trailer to oneside, but as Adrian said, if you love the 70's then there's nothing wrong with Travolta & Bruce Lee (by the way, I've still got an episode of "THE GREEN HORNET" which Bruce Lee plays "Kato").

Barry.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2006 10:27 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,

I've looked at "The Big Boss" SCOPE trailer for you, it runs at least 100' and is in very good condition, if your interested email me and I'll give you a price inc. Airmail to the U.S.

My email is indi8films@aol.com .

Barry.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 22, 2006 01:19 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,
You are dead on. The print of the Big Boss Trailer is beautiful. The colors are great and so is the content. Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to own this scope trailer! Now let me know when you find the full length "Way of the Dragon" and "Enter the Dragon" in scope. I have seen both titles once in my life and I passed. Darn!! [Smile]

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2006 08:49 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Fists and Fist of Fury. I wonder why there exists so many titles for chinese martial arts films. Not only for Bruce Lee. Also the drunken master series. The english original titles in german databases typed in the database of imdb.com shows often complete different films with different directors and different cast.

I have the masked trailer of "Enter the Dragon" and the promo-reel of the film in my collection (not for sale), which I show together with my 4x400 version. But I will sell a 3 x 400er print of "Enter the Seven Virgins (UK)/ The Bod Squad (USA)", really fun 70er entertainment and unbelievable trashy.
 -

Andreas

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 22, 2006 10:32 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andreas,

who is that cute chick?? She's making me wish I was still single. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2006 02:28 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan,

that is Sonja Jeannine, austrian actress.

became famous in part 5,6 and 7 of the 13 Schoolgirl Reports in 1973. Directed by Ernst Hofbauer.
A series which have had over 100 Millionen theatrical visitors worldwide.

-

She was the only one of dozens of actress of this series, who was starting an international mini career.

At first she played in the German/Hongkong production "Enter the seven Virgins" also directed by Ernst Hofbauer and Chin Hung Kuei from the Shaw Brothers Company.

She played Yara in "Il Corsaro nero" by Sergio Solima together with Kabir "Sandokan" Bedi.  -

Few italian films followed. Her last film was the sequel of "Cross of Iron".

Andreas

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 22, 2006 06:45 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm in love. That flying kick of hers.... awesome [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2006 02:53 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, I think the "chick" is now about 50 years old. [Wink]
Could be perhaps our mother.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC