8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » FS: CLASH OF THE TITANS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FS: CLASH OF THE TITANS
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2006 10:09 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3 x 400ft reels

Reel 1 has two issues: (1) slight out of sync sound; & (2) Optical bounce. As described.....the picture on screen will bounce every two seconds or so from the top to the bottom. Almost as if the machine was loosing a loop. But the super 8 phyiscal print is fine. Therefore, as referred to as optical bounce.....a problem caused in the mastering of this super 8 copy reel 1 only.

Reels 2 & 3 are good and defect free.

Mono sound. Good color.

$135.00 USD PLUS 15% for shipping.

Paypal and international orders permitted.

prfcg@cape.com if interested

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2006 05:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting chip;my c.o.t.t.has the same opticital bounce
as yours.the sound on part one is fine though.andy.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2006 11:34 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew

Thanks for the input on this. I have seen this problem before. I have a 200 ft digest from Disney's Sleeping Beauty it does it too. I was lucky enough to find another copy of Clash/Titans so now I am all set and repaired. I am curious as to what causes the optical bounce anyway.

CG

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2006 03:53 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip, Andrew,

thats interesting.

In Germany there circulating a lot of these US-prints of the 2nd and 3rd part with this optical bounce.

When I bought my print in 1983 I have to sent back the 2nd part twice till I got a bounce free print. The 3rd part only one time.

Never saw a faulty first part.

Andreas

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted July 17, 2006 07:05 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 200ft copy of Sleeping Beauty from the US which bounces too.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2006 11:25 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness it's not on Titanic or I'd be getting ill.......... [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC