8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » After a few digests etc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: After a few digests etc
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted August 01, 2006 02:08 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I`m looking for a few digests in minty nice colour condition if anyone has some to move on.
Saturn 3 400 walton
Porridge 400 walton.
Will Hay 400 waltons.
Belstone Fox 600
Hawk the Slayer 600
Q the flying Serpent.600
Raise the Titanic 600
Capriciorn 1 600
Carry on up the Kyber 600
The Medusa touch 400 Walton
Silver dream Racer 400 Walton
War of the worlds 400
Silver streak 400
True Grit 400
Wizard of OZ 400
Ivanhoe 400

Just in case anyone has one or two to move on, also still after an affordable nice elmo.Probaly a small one as recently had a garage bill in total came in at over £1K groan !!!!
Thanks Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2006 02:15 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,Derann have RAISE THE TITANIC in scope both as digest and
full feature on this month's sales listing.Andy.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 01, 2006 04:37 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you should get shot of the car to me [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 01, 2006 11:58 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, I have a copy of "Silver Dream Racer" 400ft. scope, great color too. Shoot me an e-mail.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 02, 2006 12:56 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, I think you meant Mark [Wink] as I have a copy of that myself. Smashing colour too.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2006 03:00 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got one of those too (Silver Dream Racer in 'Scope). And what great stereo sound.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted August 02, 2006 03:49 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin, that was between two vehicles but once you have started in you pass a stop point if you will groan.
I`ll mail you Osi but really after a flat copy thanks.
Good digest that one.
The cheaper copy had gone andy but thanks and its the cheaper one I`m in the market for.
Best Mark.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 02, 2006 04:20 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
So how did you get yours in Stereo? JC.

Kev

--------------------

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2006 12:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,the digest to RAISE THE TITANIC has another cat.no.
438.SCOPE-email 2/8/06.that's when i got another email from
DERANN.
SILVER STREAK 1x400ft is up on ebay uk at the monment.Andy.
As is the medsua touch 1x400ft.

[ August 02, 2006, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Wilson ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 02, 2006 02:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Kevin ... me bad.

Yeah, how did you get yours in stereo (silver dream racer) ?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2006 02:58 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was many years ago... original laser vision disc came with stereo tracks so it was a case of doing a wild recording straight onto the Super 8 copy that matched each scene. Couldn't get one particular scene in sync' but other than that it worked out okay. Didn't do the projector much good though with all that backwards and forwards, but that was the dilemma in those days. I actually re-recorded the Marketing 2x400ft of 'Rollerball' the same way only a few years back. Perhaps I'll show that one tomorrow Kev'.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 06, 2006 04:02 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw both Silver Dream Racer and RollerBall at Johns on Thursday eve and I have to say the sound on both is incredible especially as they have been syncd wild.

The marketing print of Johns RollerBall is on thin base polyester and is Fuji. Looks and feels just like Fuji single eight stock. Great colour too but Waltons Silver Dream Racer wins in the colour stakes. Its as impressuve today as it was when first released and with that added stereo sound track it's a real scope knockout.

Kev.

--------------------

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2006 02:02 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

marketing-film never used thin FUJI polyester stock.

The Rollerball prints are on thin KODAK polyester stock. You can read between the sprocket holes "K O D A K .........Saftey Film".

Andreas

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2006 04:35 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, well. This is interesting. Andreas, I'm looking at my print of Rollberball now and between the sprockets it reads 'Fuji Film'. I've unwound all the way into the picture area and in addition to 'Fuji Film' there is also 'Safety Film' and what looks like '80 JM'.

Looks like there were some anomolous prints of 'Rollerball' done by Marketing then.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 07, 2006 05:23 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
John, 80 will be the year. Fuji edge signed their film with their Name, safety film and then the year of manufacture of the film stock.

Kev.

--------------------

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2006 08:24 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] John, can you make a scan of it???

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted August 07, 2006 09:32 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a rare one never seen any myself, maybe a few prints that week went out on it etc.
Its usually then kodak thin stuff or thicker agfa acetate or soemtimes agfa poly or of course the fadey thicker SP.
Best Mark.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2006 11:02 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not without a scanner! I'll see if a macro digital photo will pick anything up.

-

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted August 07, 2006 12:49 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know the derann prints do turn up on acetate fuji like many waltons, but this is an odd beastie to say the least. I suppose odd times they may have used it.
The only fuji poly I had on a super 8 commercial film yet was a 400 L+H sepia and it was very thick poly stock strangely and the little elmo wasn`t to chuffed with it though it loved the usual thin fuji!!!!camera film.
Best Mark.

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2006 06:49 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, Kevin,

the leader is not from a german marketing-film. The leaders are standard since 1975 and shows a black leader with
"EINE OPTICOLOR - KOPIE FÜR MARKETING-FILM" then the german order number follows and at last the sound-syncro-start-sign "TON X START" follows.

Without each exception. There are no marketing prints for the german market without this kind of leader.

Andreas

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 08, 2006 07:57 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Andreas, It was a marketing box like they used for the German releases.

Kev.

--------------------

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2006 09:39 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha ha. Well, I've got to hand it to you Andreas you certainly know your stuff. The leader is indeed from the Derann release and I can now remember sticking it on there. Apologies for confusing everyone but it gave us something to think about. I did it so long ago and haven't watched reel 1 in so long that I'd completely forgotten. Of course the Marketing print comes with the bloody awful letraset rubbish for titles whereas the Derann print comes with the excellent 'Rollerball' titles.

Humble pie being eaten right now.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC