8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » BEN HUR 400 WHERE ARE YOU?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BEN HUR 400 WHERE ARE YOU?
Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2006 03:59 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI THERE, I'M LOOKING TO ADD THAT 400 FOOT SCOPE BEN HUR TO MY 3 X 400 FOOTER, BUT ANY IDEA WHERE I MAY FIND IT? WHO RELEASED IT? AND BEST OF ALL.....ANYONE HAS IT? yrs, rob

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 05, 2006 10:17 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just put a 3X400ft BEN HUR on ebay two days ago, and it has added to it the footage from the 1X400ft. It adds up to approximately 6 and a half minutes. It is very hard to find though, that's for sure. This print of BEN HUR that I own (for the moment) already had it added when I bought it, but I've noted that the 1X400ft has better color on a better lower fade stock, as the 3X400ft had fading color, while the parts from the 1X400ft have almost perfect unfaded color. I hope that this helps.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2006 11:18 AM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, any idea what the 6 mins or so contain?
I will look at your auction.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 05, 2006 08:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of it is in reel one of the three. Extended intro stuff, (but the 3X400 still starts at the entry of the Romans and the "clubbing on the head". More added to the sea chase, (the color of the ships sailing in formation is quite impressive),
Oh, reel two has the first one and a half minutes where Ben Hur's adopted father beinbg rewarded by Ceasar and then the following meeting where Ceasar informs Ben Hurs adopted fahter that "we would like to meet this Ben Hur". Also, some more of the chariot race sequence.

There is no additional footage added to reel three.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2006 11:37 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Try Perry's movies Robert.Andy.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC