8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Vampire Circus 600' digest for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vampire Circus 600' digest for sale
Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 15, 2006 01:31 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a combination of Walton's two releases from the Hammer feature "Vampire Circus". The first 200' (which I think was released under the title "Castle of Death") contains the entire long pre-title sequence (nudity & gore intact!). The remaining 400' is a decent edit of the feature.
This being a Walton print, the color is still good and there is only a main stripe, no balance. Did they save that much money by doing this? There are occasional scratches, and one (have to be honest) annoying greenie that appears in the middle of the frame about 12 minutes in and sticks around for a few minutes. I believe there are three splices. The film resides in a white box with an Independent 8 label and a homemade printout of the film's artwork. $35.00 plus shipping.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 30, 2006 02:41 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One more time!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 30, 2006 09:46 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,
Not saying this to be pedantic, but out of interest. 'Vampire Circus' has the longest pre-credits sequence in Hammer history, and I don't suppose there are many films of any kind with longer ones. It's particularly surprising in view of the whole film running only 87 mins. I believe the pre-credits sequence is 12 minutes, so the Walton 'Castle of Death' one reeler does in fact have about 3 minutes edited out.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC