8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Ebay Auctions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay Auctions
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2006 06:59 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone... Just thought I'd let you all know that I've posted some films on Ebay that may be of interest to some of you. Many are starting with very low opening bids! Below is a link...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZruncoQQhtZ-1

|  IP: Logged

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2006 12:12 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just one more blatant plug for my Ebay film auctions... They are ending tonight so if you were interested today's the day to bid! (Sorry if I sound like used car salesman [Wink] )

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 13, 2006 10:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the 3D film Brian, a decent price for that title. I had great pleasure helping to "bid up" the Titanic movie.

O.K. here's a naughty confession here, but if I see a forum member selling something on ebay, even if I don't want the particular item, I help raise the price and then the person who wants it has to pay more for it. While this may backfire if the other person bidding is a forum member, (but then, they don't have to bid it up, huh?), it's a good feeling to think that a forum member is going to make some better bucks on ebay because of me.

You see, bidding is all psycological. Sometimes a person will bid something up, (which they really may not want that bad), just because there is competition for it.

So hey, all you forum members, if I notice you have something on ebay, you might get more than you expect for your item. Hey, I might just buy it!

By the way, I was really suprised that your Titanic movie went over 100.00 dollars, especially with your honest assessment of "Black lines".

But then, there ARE some super 8 black and white titles that go for a tremendous amount, ("M" or "Freaks", for in stance.)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2006 11:56 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi - Thanks for the bidding bump. I guess it's Ok to help each other out every once in a while -- but I feel like someone is doing the same thing to me in an auction ending tonight! I guess it's payback... Anyway, I was surprised A NIGHT TO REMEMBER went for that amount, too... especially considering I stressed how scratched it is. But some of my other titles went for much less than I expected. Ebay is funny that way. Let me know how you enjoy the 3-D movie - it's a cool one.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC