8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Something to test out my Scope Lens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Something to test out my Scope Lens
Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2007 06:50 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a scope lens for about 2 years now and haven't acquired any films in all this time that are scope. So if anyone has any trailers, odd reels, or digests they'd be willing to part with. Let me know via bfssales@gmail.com. I'm looking for a spending range of up to $25 before shipping. So if you have something let me know.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2007 07:12 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ernie. Have a look on Deranns listings,http://www.derann.co.uk/
they have scope 200ft copies of "Playground Skirmish" from MATRIX for less than the price you quoted. Best of luck. [Smile]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 23, 2007 08:05 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could actually try it with any academy formatted print to start. Certainly, everyone in frame will look short and fat, but at least if the picture is wide and sharp you know you're ready for the next step of really getting a 'scope print. (In a movie with nothing but scenery, the only difference might be an oval sun!)

You're doing it exactly opposite the way I did. I accidentally bought a 'scope print and projected it "squished" for a while until I got a 'scope lens and a wide screen.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2007 09:54 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith I sent them an e-mail inquiring about getting a copy. And Steve thanks for the tip, I tried it out it looks pretty neat! Of course I'm going to need a bigger screen. Mine is not up to the task, unless I shrink the projection size, but where's the fun in that [Razz]

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 23, 2007 10:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,

After I got that 'scope lens and projected that 'scope film 18 inches high on my 48 inch square tripod screen, I got a distinct feeling a new screen was in my future!

-creeping hobbyism!

(glad to be of help!)

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2007 06:26 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ernie, Hope you are succesful with Derann. They usually have a few items listed in Scope and at reasonable prices. Their service is excellent. When you get that 2.66:1 screen, there will be no going back - be warned! Happy widescreen viewing [Smile]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 25, 2007 08:14 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I like about Derann is the offer a professional service to us. I do tend to harp on about them, but they are really good to deal with and I am sure that after a quick phone call they can sort you out a short test film.
Have a good Sunday.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 25, 2007 02:47 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have like 3 or 4 businesses on the planet (...or anywhere else for that matter) that are my favo(u)rites and Derann is on that list. They produce a product that is completely improbable in this day and age and they do it to high standards and a decent level of care for their customers. When I send an e-mail off to them I always receive a response that makes me feel like I've walked into the local shop and I'm a regular there.

-the fact that it's a product that always has and always will have a warm place in my heart may have a little to do with it as well...

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC