8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Clockwork orange in super 8?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Clockwork orange in super 8?
Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 04:22 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone ever seen it? as a feature? digest? or trailer?

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 27, 2007 04:52 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen it on Super 8mm, but that doesn't mean that it may not have been released either by :

An underground (illegal) company, (a number of rare film features have been released that why.)

One of the lower budget film companies may have ...
(Thunderbird films released a number of rare films on Super
8)

It may have been released as an optical sound feature. Optical sound features (super 8) have been released since the late 60's, were of a superior image quality than average super 8 releases, and were the popular films of thier day. The bad side of this is that the optical sound films were released by the studio's for the airlines, so films like "A ClockWork Orange" (especially) would have been heavily edited for content. Also, the farther back you go, the harder it is to find the titles. But I have Optical sound features all the way back to 1970, (Romance of a Horsethief), so it is possible. There are always new titles popping up that I never saw on any list before, so, chin up!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 04:56 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the ibfo osi, did anyone ever make a list of known bootleg super 8 films? I'd be interested to see what not been "officially" realeased

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 27, 2007 05:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be curious too, as this may be a wide array of releases, as even some super 8 film companies that are highly honest, (and still are to this day), have released some films in very short runs, as they have been recalled by the studio of origin. Close Encounters could be listed this way, for instance, as Derann, honorably, released Close Encounters, but the studio of origin recalled it, and so they only printed, I believe, 16 (maybe slightly more or less prints.) So this could make a good topic.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2007 01:39 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric,

I've had a trailer to this a couple of times, I don't know where it originated, but if my memory serves me, it was quite a good print, mind you I've not had a copy for a few years now, so it must have been an import here in the UK, suggesting possibly a US release.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC