8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » HOPPITY GOES TO TOWN!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HOPPITY GOES TO TOWN!!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 28, 2007 06:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still looking for a nice unfaded print of "Hoppity Goes to Town". A favorite film of mine which I'd love to get ahold of.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2007 01:45 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me too Osi, but I'm not holding my breath as every copy I've seen just lately has turned.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2007 03:02 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Foster has a print posted on his website right now. Listed as an "A". I take that to mean that the color's still good. Check it out.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 29, 2007 05:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

I think Paul Foster's print is the same one that I asked about a few month's ago on his site. Bear in mind that when he states a grade scale, it is based on the shape of the film print, but not based on the colour necessarily.

But I'll certianly check.

--------------------

Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2007 07:33 AM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,

Here is a print of "Hoppity Goes to Town":
http://cgi.ebay.com/HOPPITY-GOES-TO-TOWN-SUPER-8MM-FUJI-FILM-STOCK-LOOK_W0QQitemZ250150831331QQihZ015QQcategoryZ63821QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd like to have it but I go in holiday today so...
I hope that it can help you. Good luck!!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 06, 2007 12:28 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I am not mistaken the seller (toac2001) is the one who posted this message.... [Big Grin]

Is that right Osi? so you got 2 GOOD prints now? only less than 1 month?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 06, 2007 10:36 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, your right AND wrong!!

The original start to the post, (look at the date on my first post) was quite a while ago.

Then, a few weeks ago, I FINALLY bought two very good copies, (which I'll write about on the Hoppity review later), and so, now, I'm able to sell my other copies.

The Hoppity print I have up there now is a FUJI color print, not the dreaded Eastman pinky color. It is the early
Derann feature, which had negative conditions which went from very good good to only fair, but this is the BEST copy of that early Hoppity that I have ever seen. I'm putting it on one big 1600ft. reel, and being shipped in a plastic reel container, and I can assure anyone who might be interested in this print, it is NOT faded to pink!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC