8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Castle Films Dracula Complete Super 8mm Sound Edition

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Castle Films Dracula Complete Super 8mm Sound Edition
Andy Croucher
Junior

- posted July 05, 2007 02:49 PM      Profile for Andy Croucher   Email Andy Croucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,just wondering if anyone out there can help me out.I have just obtained the Castle Films complete Super 8mm sound Edition
of Dracula starring Bela Lugosi.Now then,the only problem with it is,is that sometime in it's past,children have got hold of it and have completely recorded over the soundtrack.So,i am hoping that maybe someone can find a copy of the soundtrack for me so i can re-record it to the film.Advanced thanks to anyone who can help.Cheers.Andy

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 05, 2007 03:33 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is new on me; How can someone re-record the track? Unless it was a blank track to begin with (Rare with CASTLE), then I can't see how, else de-magnetizing it first - Shorty

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 05, 2007 05:21 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

Any projector with recording capability can record over the original track. Some have a sound on sound feature that can either totally record over the existing sound or allow a mix of the old and new.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 05, 2007 06:20 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I must have had yet another moment of abandon, completely forgot about that feature, thanks from Shorty

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2007 06:38 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what did they record on it that itself might be of value [Smile] i suppose your looking at a copy from someones 200' or 400' edition then record it back on the film it would have to be done with a sync system right?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Andy Croucher
Junior

- posted July 06, 2007 07:27 AM      Profile for Andy Croucher   Email Andy Croucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes my projector has a sound on sound capabillity,as to what the children have recorded,i have not yet had the pleasure of listening to it.But yes i need the soundtrack for the 200 edition,so if anyone can help would be very grateful !!

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2007 08:57 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the 200 version on youtube but they changed the soundtrack to it. [Mad]

--------------------
jim schrader

Andy Croucher
Junior

- posted July 06, 2007 12:42 PM      Profile for Andy Croucher   Email Andy Croucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How have they changed it ! Is it still from the Lugosi version,but a different segment ?

Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2007 05:52 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i almost bid on that film till I happend to have seen that in the description! would be funny to haer what they would have recorded in its place!

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2007 08:01 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my connection is slow but from what i heard there was music dubbed over the films sound track

--------------------
jim schrader

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2007 02:34 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Would that be from the DVD?They put a 5.0 music soundtrack on the
dvd release of Dracula.Andy.

Andy Croucher
Junior

- posted July 07, 2007 04:42 AM      Profile for Andy Croucher   Email Andy Croucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have heared the new music on the DVD,i thought it was pretty good !! I actually selected it over the original music when i screened the DVD the last time i played it.Guess i'll have to check out this version on youtube,it's looking doubtful that i will find the 200 edition castle films copy though !! Ah well it'll turn up one day.

Andy Croucher
Junior

- posted July 07, 2007 09:13 PM      Profile for Andy Croucher   Email Andy Croucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,for anyone who voiced an intrest in what the children re-recorded over the Dracula film,i can now tell you.They have recorded a parody of the same story,which is quite humorous in places,complete with screams & high pitched voices.There are even a few musical numbers in places such as "underneath the lantern" & the "stripper" theme !! Oh well not quite the soundtrack i would hope for,but i had a laugh out of it at least.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2007 09:06 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andy, I have the castle digest on DVD. Drop me a PM with your address & I will send you a copy of the film, you can then sync it to your digest & re-record the sound-track.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 15, 2007 06:28 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The re-recorded version would make an entertaining addition to a convention programme! You could always leave it one one track and put the original soundtrack back on the other track.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2007 11:07 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Did Castle only do the main stripe?The Castle one reelers i have
only have the main stripe;no balance.Andy.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 17, 2007 07:02 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy,

Although I do have quite a few Castle's that are single striped, the majority of my Castle collection have both main and balance.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC