8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Still some titles to shift. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Still some titles to shift.
Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 12, 2007 07:37 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Some more to shift.
Features:
Bambi (on eBay)
Mary Poppins (on eBay)
Wargames (Re-recorded Stereo Soundtrack) (on eBay)
Secret of Nimh (Kodak LPP Stereo First run) SOLD
Supergirl (Scope, Stereo) SOLD
Saturday Night Fever (Full Feature stereo)
Monster from Piedras Blancas SOLD
Thats Carry On
Tales of Beatrix Potter
Zoro the Gay Blade (Optical Sound, No Fade at all) (on eBay)
Perils of Pauline - Betty Hutton Musical (Rare US Print)
Dambusters (Derann) SOLD
7 Brides for 7 Brothers (LPP First run) (on eBay)
King & I (LPP First run) SOLD
Glen Miller Story (on eBay)
Calamity Jane (LPP First run) (on eBay)
Singing in the rain (on eBay)
Wizard of Oz (on eBay)
Flash Gordon Scope re-recorded stereo SOLD
Master & Commander SOLD
Way out west (Blackhawk 4 x 400 orig box)
The Music Box (Blackhawk 2 x 400 orig box)
Sound of Music Scope 6 x 600ft
Gilbert and Sullivam Story B/W
Gas House Kids B/W
Evergreen (PM Feature 4 x 400)
Top Hat 2 x 800ft
Rising Damp Optical Sound

Derann 2 x 600
Gremlins Stereo SOLD
Never say Never Stereo Scope SOLD
Superman 11 Stereo Scope (Extra Derann 200ft title sequence etc edited in) SOLD

Derann 1 x 600
Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day SOLD
Small One SOLD
Mickey's Christmas Carol SOLD
Prince and the Pauper (on eBay)
Never Ending Story Scope Stereo (on eBay)
Snowman Stereo SOLD

Watership Down 600ft Stereo
Capricorn 1 (Walton Ex Col 600ft) (on eBay)

Fantasia (600ft German Piccolo extracts)

Mines of Moira (LOTR 400ft Extract) SOLD

PM me if interested in any of the above. super8 at mrelmo dot co dot uk.

Kev.

[ September 22, 2007, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 12, 2007 08:30 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a PM has been set Sir [Wink]

Ohh, if you dont recieve can u let me no via

tphotiou - at - blueyonder dot co dot uk

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2007 09:58 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin

I have also sent a private message.

Chip

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 13, 2007 01:36 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll get back to you guys. The list has been added to. Not gone through the smaller reels of stuff yet.

Not taking any silly offers on these titles and buyers pay shipping to wherever.

Now what about the GS Xenon - 220 -240V

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2007 11:03 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, you can't be serious about selling your mint Xenon. I seem to recall it had had never been run and only used for display before you persuaded the owner to let you have it. What are the odds of finding another?

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2007 01:49 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This will be an end of an era if Kevin is leaving super 8. I know you have to raise cash - but you seem to have everything on sale.

Correction: Gremlins was NOT filmed in scope. I was a projectionist in theaters when that movie premiered. I know it was FLAT. If anything, it is LETTERBOXED for the special effects they used for the puppets during filming. So anyone interested in this title you will NOT need a cinemascope lens to run it.

The following was clipped from the website www.imdb.com.....

begin

Technical specifications for
Gremlins (1984)
advertisement
* photos * board * trailer * details
Laboratory
Technicolor

Film length (metres)
2912 m (Sweden)

Film negative format (mm/video inches)
35 mm

Cinematographic process
Spherical

Printed film format
70 mm (blow-up)
35 mm

Aspect ratio
1.85 : 1

end

CG

[ September 13, 2007, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Chip Gelmini ]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 13, 2007 05:51 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Chip your right and yes I think we had a discussion about this title once before.

I have got many emails from members on here at the film list and I will go through them in order over the next few days. Thanks everyone.

BTW I'm not leaving the fold but might just have to take stock for a while. I'm certainly not leaving the forum before anyone asks [Smile] Just need to raise some cash fairly quickly to pay back my loan for the bike. My Ins Co have not paid out for the last theft even though I am still fighting on that score but my short term loan and the payback of it has to take priority over my hobbies. [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 13, 2007 06:23 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev, its a great shame but at least you have something to fall back on when you need to and have had the pleasure of them too.
There are very few hobbies keep a decent value like cine does, luckily.
Lets hope the flammin insurance ( or we want your cash, ours is chained down lot !!!) get weaving on this. About time, they should pay you interest on any settlement amount!!!!
Come on lads get buying you won`t get a better source for great and cared for stuff than Kev, some crackers there.
Good luck Kev.
Best Mark.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 15, 2007 02:22 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, having just returned from the coast, (great trip to pacific city, WHERE I shot a good deal of cinemascope footage of crashing waves ... AWESOME!@!@!)

Could Master Faulkner perchance have any idea what Sir OSI would desire from his magnificent collection?

Inquiring minds ponder ...

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 15, 2007 05:47 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, just replied.

Thanks, Kev.

[ September 16, 2007, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2007 12:01 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin I will decline on Secret of Nihm. Thank you very much for writing back to me. So if anyone else is interested, go for it.

Chip

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2007 10:09 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about a part ex on the Xenon [Wink] [Cool]

--------------------
Tony

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 17, 2007 09:44 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
KEVIN!!

I sent you an e-mail thru my hotmail account yesterday, as well as one this morning! Please check your e-mails, and if this mornings one didn't get thru, then I'll have to send you e-mails thru the 8mm forum, as it appears that something is wrong with my hotmail!

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 17, 2007 05:23 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, as you know by now I did get the one from your hotmail. One of the problems that seems to crop up more and more is that spam filters such as the one at my ISP tend to block a lot of Hotmail and AOL accounts.
When speaking to my ISP about this they told me that those two particular organisations servers regularly get used for relaying spam.
What I have to do is make sure that the people I know with AOL and Hotmail accounts are in my "White List" so they dont get blocked.

A few other titles added to the list.

Kev.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 17, 2007 06:46 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know Kevin, I'm not the only to think this on the forum,

(and hey, I have to admit, that I am "negotiating" a price on one of your titles) ...

but I must say, I'm sad to see you moving all these titles.

Is this a gradual selling off of your whole collection on Super 8, (which is, of course, entirely your business), or just a slow down on 8mm?

The reason why I write this, is that I know full well how it is to seel off a collection, and have to look back with great sadness and longing for those days of collecting. I sold off my whole collection 18 years ago, only to get back into an
"Outdated" hobby three years ago.

The hardest part is remembering certain titles that I used to have, ("High Road to China" Super 8mm optical sound for instance), knowing full well that I would have to be damned lucky to run into it again.

That doesn't mean that I couldn't run into another copy of "Freaks" (as well), but odds are against it. Thats why I am negotiating with you to try to get one of your titles. be assured that it will get a loving permanent home with me.

yet again, it is very sad for me to see someone, who we all know loves Super 8mm with a passion, having to let go his collection.

at least there is one good thing about 8mm, that no form of video can boast.

I can always pick up a DVD of a film used for , what, $4.00 dollars? Try to do that with a choice title on Super 8mm?

Anyway, I look forward to a potential good end to our transactions.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 18, 2007 01:27 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, I'm not leaving the clan just shifting some titles as I desperately need the cash and this is one way of raising it.
Lets face it I seem to spen more of my time these days with an Elmo in pieces instead of using my own but hey...I enjoy it all the same.

I have to say though the response has been very poor and I'm beginning to feel that what one or two dealers have told me during the last week is true. Super 8 is not shifting in the same way it did.
Put a list up for sale a few years a go and your inbox would be full within hours now its just dribs and drabs of emails.

As I think I said to you in a reply and on here in another thread where we in the UK would get lots of response from the US it just doesnt happen anymore due to the bad exchange rate and the high shipping costs.

Anyway I did mail you last night so hopefully you did get my mail.

Kev.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 18, 2007 02:56 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

Perhaps putting a fixed price for each title will attract more buyer to come. Because some buyers may be afraid to send you an email since they did not know how much a "serious offer" is.

Just my thought,

--------------------
Winbert

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2007 03:48 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert - I think that Kevin mentioned that he wasn't accepting "Silly Offers". I am sure he would consider any serious offers.
Obviously, as collectors, we are all aware of the "Value" of Kevins collection and each person concerned, when enquiring, will know what they are prepared to pay for their particular "Want".
I think what Kevin is trying to avoid is "Time Wasters" trying to get "something for nothing", as we say here. I am sure that all that is required, is a little commonsense, especially considering the source of this collection on offer - this is not some "Wide Boy" on E-Bay, but a serious Film Collector with a known history. Some of these titles are rare - and I don't mean "E-Bay Rare", either. When selling a number of titles, in order to be fair, e-mails have to be sorted to be dealt with "First come First Served" and the complication of "time wasters" cannot help with this sorting.

[ September 18, 2007, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 18, 2007 06:57 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Keith, Yes you are spot on. I have already had to deal with a few time wasters which is not I what I want and then there are the people that ask about certain titles and then don't return a reply to say yay or nay. This means you have to take the decision to offer to the next person and hope the original person doesn't get too much of the ache when they find they have been sold.

And people wonder why it's easier to sell on eBay [Frown] The trouble is they don't always go to collectors but to some dealers who sell them on at a further profit [Eek!]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 18, 2007 10:55 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and then ...

Sometimes these films go to people who have no love for the films, per se, and just want to turn a quick profit, only to find that they get nowhere near what they paid for it.

I've only ran into that once or twice personally.

I know that if I have a film that I have loved for many a year, I would much rather see it go to a person that i know will treasure it. Steve Osbourne made me an incredible deal on two prints of "Hoppity Goes to Town" a few months ago. He could have sold each print for the price of the two combined, but he knew that i had went thru lots of crappy prints trying to find a good one.

That, and there are always the "vultures", which I hate. You know, swirling around waiting for the seller to be in desperation in order to snatch up a bargain price. bastards!
If you want a really good print that has been loved by a reputable collector, you better damned well expect to pay a higher price for it.

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 18, 2007 06:45 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee Osi..that title that you would really love wouldn't be something of a "Close Encounter" would it? [Smile]
I bet you did get a Red Ryder BB gun for Xmas ....didn't you? [Smile]
If Kev does decide on letting the crown Jewel of his collection go...you may need some extra cash. So...how much for Rocky III Optical? You know..I would take VERY good care of that one. Never for resale. Never! [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 19, 2007 10:06 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Alan, but perhaps, if someone steals my minivan, (not much luck of that rattle trap being stolen), I might be in the position to sell it ...

.... ooooh, and it has such gorgeous focus and exquisite colors!

That, my friends, is called lovely torture!

As for my "Holy Grail" of titles, I think negotiations are just about sucessful on this title, (fingers majorly crossed) ... and if I should be lucky enough to get it ...

except for an occasional ebay steal, I will out of the collecting biz for about 6 months, as it IS pricey ...

but this title is not really about money. This film was one of two films that were "watershed marks" in my life, (the other one was Star Wars). This film means the world to me and has inspired my very writing style, (scriptwriting), and just had a sense of wonder to it. Star Wars was one kind of wonder, and this one was a very different type but no less intense.

So, this film has very special meaning.

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 20, 2007 07:45 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call me cynical, but I don’t think anyone ever published any guidelines as to what second hand Super 8 films should fetch, or have I missed something?

I agree with Kevin about dealers buying from via ebay, and would go further in that the majority are buying off that dreaded system snapping up low cost flicks worldwide and putting a huge mark up on them. Having a business myself (not in cine by the way) making a profit is one thing, but fleecing the unworldly is another.

Having purchased a good few films recently marked as “A” condition from these folk and then finding 8 scratches down one side of the film for the duration I think we all should be a little more eyes wide open you know. Another purchased this year from another dealer, so called, was also in a very poor state.

I having nothing against anyone making a profit obviously, but lets get real. All colour super 8 films are gonna go pink or fade eventually if they haven’t started to do so already. Paying hugely inflated prices for said films is madness looking at the long term prospects for these prints. We love cine here as much as anyone but it’s a worry buying used prints when honesty is the last thing on a dealer’s mind whether they are one of the now very few trade suppliers or a domestic seller.

All I will say regarding satisfaction is that Derann have given me the best service since I started in the 70’s and the few new features purchased have been perfecto.

Osi. I thought Plan 9 from outer space was the Holy Grail on 8mm ?
[Eek!]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 20, 2007 08:38 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee..where have you been? Don't you know the Holy Grail on this forum is the 400ft Cut Down of "The Rose". I own one..but will never sell it! Unless of course someone steals the Honda Civic. [Smile]
The true LPP colors, the Stereo re-recorded Dolby sound...the wonderful performances..sigh. What's not to love?

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2007 08:38 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee - As you say, guidelines for pricing have never published but I think the prices are set by the individual collector ( I say collector, not dealer, by the way). Each collector will know what he is looking for and how much he is prepared to pay.
We must all have treasured film purchases that we crave and desire and one man's "Close Encounters" is another mans "Plan Nine" (or "Rose" - of course).
What one collector is prepared to pay for his particular "want" may be deemed ridiculous by another collector, and vice versa. That is what makes this hobby so interesting and "individual".
Collectors of film can be classed as a "whole", as collectors, but as individuals, when compiling their own collections.
We don't have restrictions placed on us, by having to go to a High Street store in Accrington and buying an item and the same item being purchased in a similar store in Manchester, for the same price. Unfortunatley our hobbies "High Street" stores have all but disappeared. Therefore we turn to each other to fulfil our needs, thereby setting our own purchasing guidelines.
Dealers are in business, like yourself, to make a profit and there is nothing wrong with that. The amount of profit they make is dictated by the purchaser. If you pay high prices for a film, that is the purchasers choice - the dealer doesn't "drag you in" off the street, kicking and screaming. As you say, where the purchase goes sour, is when the goods are "not as advertised".
Personally, I would sooner purchase from a well known source, within the "hobby", than some unknown entity on E-Bay, who sells anything from "bottle tops to window cloths". The number of sellers who advertise "box in excellent condition, but cannot check film as I don't have the equipment", immediatley sets alarm bells ringing!I have purchased on E-Bay but always check the sellers "Sale record" before doing so. If there are a mixture of goods and no "film sales" before,I am very careful.
I would like to think that films purchased on the forum from fellow collectors, should be purchased with the knowledge, that they are from a "known source" at a "fair price", with an accurate description on "quality".
In the end, that "fair" price is dictated by us, the individual collector.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC