8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Hoppity goes to town WANTED

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hoppity goes to town WANTED
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 26, 2007 11:57 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for a good colour print of Hoppity Goes to Town. Pop me a mail if anyone has a good colour print available please.

Mrs Lady Bug !

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 26, 2007 08:44 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee!

I thought you had a great print of this title!

If you can, get the Red Fox release of this! This release did have a few original negative issues, BUT the colour and sharpness is outstanding. It also has the first six minutes of the movie in it which, while the Derann print has excellent colour as well, it doesn't have this six minute "prologue".

Sorry, I don't have an extra of this title.

LEE! My apologies, it was Kevin Clark I was speaking of.

Welcome to the mad search for a good Hoppity ...

It took me three years and I understood that it took Kevin Clark quite awhile to find one as well. There's nothing like finding a great copy of this film, believe me, I know, as well as Kevin Clark!

Little info to watch out for ...

Don't even bother with the Niles film release of this title. I have NEVER ran into one without faded color, (though your welcome to my one copy of Niles Hoppity for ten american dollars if you want it, just for the hell of it!). Also stay away from the 1970's Derann copies of this title, as it was made from an inferior copy of Hoppity, with faded color (on the original negative) on reels two and three, even on a late 70's FUJI film copy, the second and third reels suck.

So, stick with the early 80's L.P.P. copy of Hoppity from Derann, as it was from a much better negative from New York. OR
get the Red Fox films copy of Hoppity on AGFA stock, as it truly is gorgeous and I swear, with the sharpness and color that rivals Derann's Disney prints, (that's saying a lot, but you'd have to see it for yourself).

NEWS FLASH!!

In an upcoming issue of that Derann film magazine, I will (hopefully) have a full article concerning this title called, "In Search of Hoppity", (they already have the article, I sent it to them a week ago and they said they liked it!) so it will be in anupcoming issue.

KEVIN!!! (Clark)

Could you, purchance, e-mail your decent photo's from your print of Hoppity to Derann, as they might want to use those for the article OR, (since you have the capability to do so) perhaps make even better ones from your print, as it could make the article all that much more fun!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC