8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Scars of Dracula 5X400'/7th Voyage of Sinbad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Scars of Dracula 5X400'/7th Voyage of Sinbad
Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2008 10:11 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for very good to excellent condition features SCARS OF DRACULA 5X400', and 7th VOYAGE OF SINBAD. e-mail me with any offers, and your trade wants. thanks!

--------------------
Joe Taffis

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2008 03:15 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe,

I think that DERANNN has a copy of Scars of Dracula in the last super 8 list.

Regards,

JC.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 09, 2008 09:50 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That title is on the current list, however it's the 4x400' edited version.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2008 08:37 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks JC, but as Doug pointed out it's the rare 5X400' version i'm after. [Smile] Doug,you probably have it in your closet...right? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2008 09:24 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But remember, the 5 X 400' version only was released in black and white back in the 70's... You probably are looking for the 4 X 600' which is the more recently released great print from Derann. I highly recommend that one.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 10, 2008 10:51 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

Yes, indeed. Actually, some of the best prints I have are the Hammer Dracula series. "Horror of Dracula" is a beaut (a touch on the blue side), "Dracula, Prince of Darkness" looks just great in scope, "Dracula Has Risen From the Grave" is a very nice German print and "Scars" is stunning. On the other hand, I have what's basically a homemade print of "Dracula AD 1972". It seems that someone filmed a 16mm print using 50 ft Super 8 sound cartridges and then edited them together!

Doug

-

--------------------

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2008 12:49 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, Brian mentioned a 4X600' color full length version...is that the one you have? I thought it was a 5X400' color full length release from Derann that's out there (along with the edited 4X400' one). Either way, neither is available new [Frown]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 10, 2008 01:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

I have the 4X600' Derann color version. Until Brian mentioned it, I had no idea that there was a B&W release out there.
And by the way.....I'm still looking for the Derann 600' cutdown of "Taste the Blood of Dracula"!

Doug

--------------------

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2008 04:06 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The rare black and white 5 X 400' was mainly printed by Derann as a rental print... come to think of it, it may have only been in regular 8mm sound which was the format I had before I sold it off. Oh, and remember TASTE THE BLOOD is only a 400' digest not a 600' one.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC