8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » MINT COLOR Abbott & Costello Sound Feature's FOR SALE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MINT COLOR Abbott & Costello Sound Feature's FOR SALE
Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2008 04:48 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now Listed On E-Bay:

"Abbott & Costello Meet Captain Kidd" (WB,1952) 70 Minutes/S O L D!!!

Abbott & Costello In "Jack & The Beanstalk" (WB,1952) 78 Minutes/ R E L I S T E D!!!

Thank's!
--Tom
tapennock@aol.com

[ February 26, 2008, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Tom A. Pennock ]

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 22, 2008 04:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn Tom!

Being behind the financial 8 ball is no fun. I have a mint print of Jack and the Beanstalk, but I'd love to see that other one! If it doesn't sell, give me an e-mail!

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2008 09:57 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi:

Will do!!! I really hate to part with these two prints but I am moving almost completely into 16mm. But I never will find either of these two color features in 16mm ever. These are really nice print's. In 16mm all I have ever seen is 16mm black and white of color prints.

All The Best, [Smile]

--Tom

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 22, 2008 10:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

I'm sure that there has GOT to be at least a few color prints of these titles on 16MM. Not every movie theater used 35MM back in the 50's, and so I'm sure that there has GOT to be a 16MM print out there, even if it's an original theatrical print from, what was it, 1953?

--------------------

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2008 11:04 AM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Again Osi:

The problem with these two titles is that they were originally released in the Cinecolor process. I think the original camera negative to "Jack & The Beanstalk" is lost. I believe UCLA is currently restoring these two titles to their original glory in 35mm from the available existing elements. It will be interesting to see the final result on home video. Cinecolor was an unusual color process. I think "Jack & The Beanstalk" is in the public domain. One of the two of these titles is.

All The Best,

--Tom

P.S. There might very well be 16mm color print's out there from the Gold Key negatives (non-theatrical). I have never seen any of those ever surface. If anyone would know it would be Ray Faiola (archivist) at CBS/New York City. I would guess that 16mm 1952 color theatrical prints would be non-existant now if they were ever struck.

[ February 23, 2008, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Tom A. Pennock ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 23, 2008 07:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I may give Tom a good word ...

These films are wuite fun, especially "Jack and the Beanstalk", which is a delightful fantasy (see my review of it), starting in sepiatone, (ala Wizard of OZ) and ending the same way, but a delight all the way.

I'm almost curious to see your print of "Jack", Tom. I believe mine has little or no fade. Perfect yellows, blues, greens, but the facial tones have never been perfect.

--------------------

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2008 09:22 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent Review Osi!!!
Yes, my two prints are Viacom prints. I was told by someone that they thought they were from Ivy Films. They put out "Road To Bali", "The Quiet Man" etc. But no it's Viacom. I just know I am going to regret selling these two.

--Tom [Confused]

[ February 24, 2008, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Tom A. Pennock ]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 26, 2008 09:25 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom I have seen your listings on Ebay.

I am asking the below question becuase I have seen some seller doing this couple times.

My curiosity is what is the point to list an item with the starting price and "buy it now" option at the same amount?

Isn't that if there is a buyer willing to bid at that starting price then he/she is better to click the buy it now option? [Roll Eyes]

regards,

--------------------
Winbert

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2008 11:39 AM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a good question. I should probably take the buy it now down. I guess the reason that I did the buy it now is so the auction could end immediately.
Thank's for mentioning this.
Sincerely,
--Tom

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2008 02:03 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack & The Beanstalk has been re-listed.

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2008 08:15 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack & The Beanstalk and Captain Kidd with Bud and Lou have both been sold!!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC