8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Independent 8 June/July lists online - Huge Summer sale on old stock items

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Independent 8 June/July lists online - Huge Summer sale on old stock items
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2008 09:21 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes my latest list are on The BFCC Site , and there is a huge Summer Sale on "Old Stock Items", some 8mm films are reduced to half price, why not take a look. There's many NEW items available as well.

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2008 03:30 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Gawd! I've just spotted another title I should have reserved at half price! Dammit... another telephone call coming up!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 21, 2008 04:03 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I look at sites such as Independent 8 and see the prices of features compared to 16mm I must admit I am sorely tempted to start collecting 8mm.

-Mike

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 21, 2008 08:35 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Go for it Michael. [Smile] There are fare less titles on 8mm with fade [Eek!]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 21, 2008 09:56 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GIVE INTO TEMPTATION!!!

Come to think of it, I'm thinking about giving into temptation.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2008 01:36 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well we're into July now, my sale ends at the end of the month, quite a bit has sold, but there's plenty still left (so Osi have a look, 200's at 1/2 Price you know!), so why not follow the link to The BFCC Site, and have a look for yourself.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted July 02, 2008 02:16 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some great stuff on there, so support Barry lads if you can.

The hobby is held up by the dealers.

There is much tempting me !!!!!!

Best Mark.

Jonathan Redwood
Junior

- posted July 12, 2008 03:25 AM      Profile for Jonathan Redwood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got some great bargains from Barry's sale list. I wasn't quite prepared for the thrill of seeing Star Wars on the dining room wall!

Thanks Barry.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2008 02:27 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a reminder, you've only got 14 DAYS left of my current "Too Many Films Giant Summer Sale", so if there is anything on my OLD STOCK ITEMS lists you're interested in (that hasn't been sold, that is!), then let me know, as time is running out on these offers.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2008 01:01 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got a few films from Barry and very pleased with the condition. He had a 'B+' for the films and I would have rated them 'A'. They were like brand new. I wish I could have bought more.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 19, 2008 04:01 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when will I find mine? - Ever the searcher...

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2008 03:03 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry,

Thank you for your kind comments, and I'm glad you liked your films. I very rarely give an "A" rating to my films, as 99% of the time there will be an odd mark on most second hand film and the "B+" rating covers that. Occasionally though I get a print in that clearly has never been run or run just once then I might give it an "A" rating then, but I like to err on the side of caution, as I physically cannot sit down and watch every film I have all the way through.

Still I must be doing something right as I have been trading as "Independent 8" for 14 Years now (how time flies), I may not have the resources of the likes of Derann or CHC, but hay, I'm still here.

Barry.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted July 20, 2008 05:07 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
14 years Barry, Crikey, just seems like the other day you set up yourself. !!!
Your an important part of the hobby here in the UK and a good source for the overseas folks as well.
Keep up the good work, and the film reviews/ramblings etc, Mama Mia sounds great.

Best Mark.

PS support Barry lads.

I was still in my 20s when you set up then,!!! reminds me I must do that trip I planned 24 ! years ago.

[ July 22, 2008, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2008 09:27 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget, ALL MY OFFERS finish on the 31st of JULY , so if there is anything you like the look of (that hasn't been sold, of course!), then please contact me, you may never see offers like this again.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC