8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Woody Woodpecker!! Dizzy Acrobat!! 35MM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Woody Woodpecker!! Dizzy Acrobat!! 35MM
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 06, 2008 07:42 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay guys, I know that this print is not Super 8 or 16MM, but this was my last cherished 35MM original theatrical print, and I need to raise money to help cover the cost of that new projector, so I hope that you all will forgive me!

It's a 1943 Woody Woodpecker, directed by Alex Lovy, and those pre-1950's Woody's are incredibly rare, and I hate to part with it, but it'll make some collector happy.

Could someone make a link for me?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 11, 2008 07:53 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is it about this Woody Woodpecker that makes the desired-rare category? I often see these in 8mm sound and silent color and B&W - Is it 35 and 16 that command attention? - Or Lantz, or just the fact of being a cartoon from way back? Please enlighten, as there are certain areas of collecting, especially in cartoons which elude me in as far as the 'sought-after', most always goes - Shorty - I was always of a mind that the older silents were of especial wont to collectors

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 11, 2008 09:55 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi's auction.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 11, 2008 12:03 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the person selling it, I can answer that quickly.

It is an original theatrical 35MM, used in theaters, Woody Woodpecker cartoon. While you will see the occasional 1960's -1972 Woody Woodpecker cartoons, the pre-1950 Woody's are very rare as theatrical prints, on thier original release 35MM, (heck even 1950's woody's are fairly rare).

I must say, I have a print of this specific cartoon on Super 8, and I've seen it in 16MM and I've never seen the incredibly saturated color spectrum that this 35mm Woody has, (except in the partially restored DVD collection). It's an amazingly clorful print. Usually, when I think of Universal's Woody's they tend to have the full color spectrum, but also tend to be pale as well. This one is a winner.

I hoently hate to have to sell it, as it is my last 35MM print, but the aquisition of that optical sound projecor I just got makes it necessary. It is sad, though. I really shouldn't have bid on that projector without the cash available, (that and another purchase that I have promised on.)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC