8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » THE DARK CRYSTAL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE DARK CRYSTAL
Oliver Feld
Junior

- posted August 21, 2008 06:16 PM      Profile for Oliver Feld   Email Oliver Feld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, does THE DARK CRYSTAL exist on 8mm or 16mm?
I am looking for this title!
Thanks,
Oliver

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 21, 2008 08:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does exist as a 16MM, to be sure, as it was a library title for quite a few years, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was in 16MM scope. I bet they are held onto tightly by collectors though, it's about as hard to find as BladeRunner.

I would highly doubt that it was ever officially released on Super 8. There is the rare chance that it was an optical sound Super 8 feature, but I've never ran into one yet, (love to though).

There might be the possibility that the theatrical trailer was released on Super 8.

Any of you guys know?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Oliver Feld
Junior

- posted August 22, 2008 01:40 PM      Profile for Oliver Feld   Email Oliver Feld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You very much for this first information!
I hope so much that someone wants to sell a copy!
Would be a dream come true!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 22, 2008 05:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is one of the great fantasy films. To this day, this film looks briiliant and so well constructed, that you would (almost) never know that it was made by the same people as "The Muppet Show". I believer that this was Jim Henson's finest hour, in many ways, still not equaled!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC