8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » StarChaser : The Legend of Orin! 35MM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: StarChaser : The Legend of Orin! 35MM
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 27, 2008 05:20 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys! I know my print of Starchaser is not 8MM or 16MM, but I know that there are some 35MM collectors amidst our numbers, and so I bring it to your attention. It's on my ebay. Could somebody make a link?

I thank you for your time!

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2008 05:33 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There you go Osi.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STARCHASER-THE-LEGEND-OF-ORIN-3D-35MM-FEATURE_W0QQitemZ250300960851QQihZ015QQcategoryZ63821QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Best of luck with the sale.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 27, 2008 06:23 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Muchas Gracias Keith!

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2008 02:45 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No es nada, en cualquier momento, mi amigo.

Keith

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2008 04:05 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The interesting part is that it is an "over and under" 3D print. Just how rare are these (not just this feature) on the collectors market? And has anyone ever seen "over and under" prints on 16mm or Super 8?

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 28, 2008 12:08 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin, "over-under" (aka Stereovision) is the most commonly used 3d system in the 35mm world. The huge amount of light throughput required to cross the polaroid filters is something that cannot be achieved in the substandard formats such as 16 and 8, hence the use of anaglyphics (red and blue).

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 28, 2008 12:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SUBSTANDARD?!! WHAT?!!

OH, YOU DID NOT INSULT MY SUPER 8 PRINTS!!!

(hee hee!) [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Hey guys, I just wanted tgo add that I verified that this print, (all the reels) are "Eastman LPP #9 Safety Film", so this isn 't going to fade on you ...

and, as my pattern seems to be, after looking at the print again, I'm almost hoping that it won't sell, but I'm bettint ayt it will.

--------------------

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2008 01:21 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marc,
Bolex achieved it on 16mm with some success, although their's was "side by side". Still a half frame system, using crossed polarizers.
The problem with Anaglyphs is that the best results can only be obtained at one screen size as the seperation on the film is fixed (and not necessarily the same from one title to another). And ,of course, full colour cannot be achieved with anaglyphs, no matter what some people would have you believe.
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 28, 2008 02:59 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin, The side-by-side system was also used on 35, this was clearly to solve the issue of having to run projectors in sync.

Osi, having hundreds of titles on super 8 in my collection, I wouldn't dare insulting the format. But I favor short subjects and digests. I still run a small 16 collection as well but once you've turned to 35, playing cinema at home is one heck of a change... [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 28, 2008 04:29 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean ...

Quite frankly, if I had the finances, I really would dive completely into 35MM, as there is something rather cool to actually owning prints that are truly studio prints. While I love the quality of Derann prints and my lovely (and sharp) opticals prints, I would love the luxury of owning a full blown 35MM collection.

It's just not the time. I bought this print of "Star-chaser" with the off chance of getting prints made of it in Super 8, but it really isn't feasible. If I do take the plunge on making brand new Super 8 prints for all of us Super 8 collectors, it will have to be trailer or ad reels, which definitely fill a niche, especially with what I would be offering.

No, I'll have to leave the feature film market for the big guys, Derann and CHC!

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 07, 2008 03:41 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, just so you know, I have forwarded your Ebay ad to a socal member of the 35 forum who's after 3D over-under prints. [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 07, 2008 09:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks, my friend of French descent!

(I almost wrote French desert, but I just woke up and rather groggy, that and the baby keeping us up all night!)

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC