8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » New Ebay Auctions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Ebay Auctions
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2008 11:39 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Listed about 15 films on Ebay tonight - some cool horror features, digests, odd reels, etc. Thought you guys might want to check them out. Here's a link:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/runco

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2008 10:58 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, you don't say whether or not 20,000,000 Miles to Earth is silent or has mag sound. The latter are rare but do turn up, hoping it is such.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2008 01:55 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about that, Bill. It's a silent print. I'm keeping my sound one. I'll make it clear in the auction.Thanks.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2008 04:58 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, i've been after Scars of Dracula full length for a while. Are there any BAD (long, continuing) scratches? I know you were having problems with your projector(s) scratching films, and you noted some small lines (scratches) especially reel #2. I figure your reserve will reflect the price if there's any damage (and I guess the reserve was met). Also, why is one reel different from the other three? [Confused] thanks [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2008 09:23 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, This print of Scars of Dracula came to me from Derann in this condition. Reels three and four are very clean with hardly any scratches at all. Reel two has some pretty consistent thin green lines off to the side. Because the film is dark they kind of blend in to the image a bit. Reel one has a slightly brighter picture overall with some light lines more towards the end.All the reels have very strong color. I am selling this print because I just got a mint one. Besides the lines it's a very watchable print of a great, hard to find film. Let me know if you need more info.

.P.S.I'm happy to report that my scratching problems have disappeared with some help.from Leon Norris who taught me after all these years the importance of keeping my projectors clean and using lots of Film Gaurd.Thanks Leon!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC