8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Indiana Jones Memoribilia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Indiana Jones Memoribilia
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 01, 2008 08:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know if I spelled that second word correctly, and it's not an actual film, but I thought I'd advertise this really neat banner for you guys perusal.

It's a very large banner that was strung up at the ceilings of the local food marts, by Kelloggs to advertise they're Indy/Crystal Skulls promotions. It's approx. 3 and half feet from top to bottom and a good 6 or more feet from left to right.
It's not carboard but a very sturdy plastic with brass rings in all four corners. It's in full colors, with the only reference to Kelloggs being "Dig into the adventure with Kelloggs" and a nice shot of Indy from the waist up, with his lariat lassoing the official title of this latest film.

I had two, both of which weren't even used, so thier vintage, and I only need to keep one, so it's destined to be a rare bit of Indy stuff.

Check out my auctions (toac2001) on ebay, if you wish!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2008 02:05 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to Osi's auction -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Indiana-Jones-Crystal-Skull-GIANT-Promotional-Kelloggs_W0QQitemZ250302905053QQihZ015QQcategoryZ63821QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 02, 2008 09:27 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little does the forum know that Keith is my brother severed from my body shortly at birth.

Yes, that's right, we were siamese twins, except for the fact that we were born british. Keith was sold to a traveling fish monger, (He thought Keith was a fish) and I was sold to a meat processing plant, but a local lass took pity and later became the wife of a desperately lonely boy in the air force, (had to be after taking one look at the mug on that ex-siamese twins.

This is why Keith and I are nearly inseperable.

It's the total truth, I swear!

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2008 10:22 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on now "brother" - stop "Carping on" [Big Grin]
Everyone knows the tale of "The Corsican Brothers" so there is no need to embelish on the truth. I am Douglas Fairbanks Snr. and you are Jnr. (Re-incarnated, of course!)
No there is something wrong there - they were father and son?
I thinks it's time to take the pink pill again - look out here comes Nurse Ratchett - No,no, please, not the tube up there again - Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico? [Confused]

Two parrots sitting on a perch.
The the first one says to the other "Can you smell fish?". [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2008 11:58 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, that's interesting,...may have to bid on that. This summer,my local Burger King had three huge banners with Indi on them....and I asked the manager if I could have them after they got finished with the promotion and, sure enough, she called and I picked them up. I plan on using them when I have showings of my print of The Last Crusade.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 02, 2008 01:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow brother!

Mixing "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and "Little Caeser",
I am impressed.

(didn't get the parrots joke, maybe better that I didn't eh?)

I'm better off with a dead parrot, an ex parrot, only staying in place because He was nailed there!

Perhaps we should wake em up?

HELLO POLLY!! HELLO POLLY PARROT!!

(THUMP THUMP THUMP)

Yep, that's what I call a dead parrot!

Gary,

That's what I liked about these two large Banners! They aren't the cheap stand up cardboard Indy promo's that came out when the film came out, this is sturdy thick plastic masquerading as fabric, with those four brass rings on it. It is stitched all the way around, all four corners.

The funny thing is that these were only used for a few weeks, but this particular banner was made to last for years. A shame that they were only used for that short time.

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2008 03:28 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi - I am disappointed. You have let the family down! Let me give you the various definitions to make it easier -

PERCH (noun)- A rod or branch serving as a roost for a bird

PERCH (noun) - a spiny-finned edible freshwater fish of Europe and North America

Try and spot the link in the joke?
The peculiarities of the English language never fail to amaze!

You see, as a "fish" and being sold to a kindly fishmonger helped, because he sent me to SCHOOL [Big Grin]
Good COD you must get that one? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
The fishmonger had a customer who asked if he sold Films?
"No" he replied "This is a fishmongers".
The customer replied "Ok then, I'll take a fresh lobster and do you have A Fish Called Wanda?"

He said "Have you got JAWS?"
"What's JAWS?"
"Thanks very much I'll have a scotch and soda"

Coming Nurse!! [Confused]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 02, 2008 06:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Perch ... fish, I got it.

I'd rather have a few more "fins" for the purchase of a feature or two ...

... or perhaps I should "scale down" my humor?

Really brother, you don't have to "Cod"-dle me!

or there is the chance that I'll end up with "salmon-ella"

all this poor humor has made me a rather "loan-WHALE"

poor me ...

and before you guys start to WHALE on me for my jokes ...

I'll head to the door, and trout on out!

Thank you, thank you!!

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2008 01:49 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"My mother thanks you. My father thanks you. My sister thanks you. And I thank you."

Now, for the big FIN ish. We've had a WHALE of a time - so let's hear it, one more time, ladies and gentlemen, for the Chuckle Brothers - Touring Forums, throughout the civilised world, bringing a little groan, to all [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ October 03, 2008, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 03, 2008 10:03 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, that's supposed to be "Loan-SHARK", screwed that one up!

If I ever get the chance to pack up me, the Mrs. and our son, I'll have to look you up, Keith, I bet we'd have a hell of a time sharing a few pints and subsequently getting booted out of the pubs!

Eh, we'd just go to your house and drunkedly loop up some horrifying slasher film and since were so sloshed, for some strange reason, it would all be so darned funny!

Then we'd go over and toilet paper Kevin F's house! (A time honored american tradition!) [Big Grin]

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2008 10:47 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be great Osi. [Big Grin]
I could meet you half way, (I can do that, being a fish, you see).
Have a great weekend and my regards to the missus and a pinch on the cheek for Devin. [Smile]

Off to Spain for a weeks holiday, tomorrow. Thought it was about time to give the audience a break from the torment.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 04, 2008 08:47 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm....getting a bit off topic. Although this does remind me of the Dean Martin song "That's a Moray".

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 04, 2008 09:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Keith, when you eventually make it over to this side of the pond, we will toilet paper Doug's house.

Just think of it, Doug looks out the window of his house at two guys nearly the geriatric ward, happilly toilet papering his house, and just to make it more fun, then we'll have the nerve to desire a film show at Doug's house.

Awww, those days!

Actually, I bet I would be fascinated to find out just what Doug has in his vaults. I've shared my optical sound list, (and I'll share my mag sound list one of these days), but i bet we would be fascinated as to just what we all have in our collections!

Oh, and four days left to the indiana jones banner auction.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC