8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Double Feature! Beast of Blood & Curse of the Vampires

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Double Feature! Beast of Blood & Curse of the Vampires
Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 08, 2008 11:01 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It Lives! It's Alive!
As a kid I rushed to catch this horror double feature at a Times Square movie theater. Now imagine turning your home into a seedy 42nd Street grindhouse! On second thought.......
"Beast of Blood" (Blood Devils) is Hemisphere Pictures' sequel to "Mad Doctor of Blood Island" featuring the famous chlorophyll monster. This time around the creature's head has been removed, but both body parts are kept alive by the evil Doctor Lorca. The monster is quite upset about this (understandably) and gets his revenge in the final reel.
Slightly abridged Mountain print is black & white, contrast & sharpness are just okay. Lines come and go throughout. Mounted on two 800' Bolex reels, print lives in it's own cardboard box.
"Curse of the Vampires" is an atmospheric Filipino production about a wealthy family whose patriarch reveals that mom (long thought dead) is actually a vampire. The son seeks her out, gets bitten and things get bloody. For me, the best part of the film is the swordfight between the undead son and the ghost of the hero. I remember the audience cheering at this part!
Abridged color print from Mountain is faded (pinkish cast) but other colors are hanging on. More than enough scratches (green and black) to go around. Spooled on four 400' reels, home is a thick cardboard box with homemade artwork.

$55.00 gets you both prints. Shipping extra.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 08, 2008 06:37 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look what I found!

-

Doug

--------------------

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2008 08:48 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sounds good to me. I'll take them.

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 08, 2008 10:40 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, John! I've sent you an e-mail.

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC