8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » FS: Two Super 8 Sound features SOLD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FS: Two Super 8 Sound features SOLD
Kingsley Candler
Junior

- posted October 17, 2008 08:18 PM      Profile for Kingsley Candler   Email Kingsley Candler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I came across a couple of S8S prints I'd forgotten I had when cleaning out a closet today:
1. MEETING AT MIDNIGHT (aka: BLACK MAGIC) - 1944 - Sidney Toler as Charlie Chan, mounted on a like-new Goldberg metal 1200' reel.
2. WHEN'S YOUR BIRTHDAY - 1937 - Joe E. Brown, mounted on one like-new Goldberg metal 1200' reel and one 400' reel.
I'm not absolutely sure the Chan is complete as I no longer have my ST 1200 to check it out and no other way to rewind it, but the Brown has a "reel one" marked on it, so it probably is. Other that the head of MAM needing a bit more leader, they both look to be in good shape, and I recall them being of good quality. No warping or apparent vinegar smell, very pliable. One of the big reels still has the $7.35 price tag on it.
Asking $35 for the two plus shipping, or trade for something on 16mm (cartoon, 2-reeler, etc.).

email me at kingsley4Averizon.net for whatever reason.

Thanks all!
Kingsley Candler

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 17, 2008 10:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Folks!

Snap up "When's Your Birthday?". I have a print of this, and it is a VERY nice Super 8 feature print, a good black and white print.

Also, it has in it's beginning credits, the very first animated direction by the famous Warner Brothers cartoon director, Bob Clampett, (who would also later go on to produce and direct "Beany and Cecil" for TV). that beginning sequence is a good four or five minutes of the feature alone.

Anyway, that's my five cents worth. This is only the second print of that film, that I have seen thus far.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2008 12:08 AM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interested in a 16mm print of Maing a Living,Chaplin with piano score?

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 18, 2008 12:13 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kingsley,

I sent you an email. I would like to purchase your features.

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2008 01:09 AM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry,I meant a 16mm print of A Night At The Show with piano score

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 18, 2008 09:42 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about a Super 8 scored print of THE KNOCKOUT? This I need, as you know

Kingsley Candler
Junior

- posted October 18, 2008 01:11 PM      Profile for Kingsley Candler   Email Kingsley Candler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BOTH FILMS ARE NOW ADOPTED!
THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED!
KINGSLEY

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2008 08:06 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry,I was looking to swap for the films.Didn't mean to mislead.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC