8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 8mm lot for sale in los angeles **TENTATIVELY SOLD (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 8mm lot for sale in los angeles **TENTATIVELY SOLD
Seth Clark
Junior

- posted November 17, 2008 07:55 PM      Profile for Seth Clark   Email Seth Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
49 films are included in this collection. African Queen, French Connection, Dracula, The Original King Kong, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Little Orphan Annie, Escape to Burma, Mummy's Tomb (Boris Karloff), Alien, Wizard of Oz, Dr. Zhivago and many, many more, titles will be provided if you are interested. Some seem like full length (or many reels anyway). None include the original packaging. They are all in hard cans (plastic or metal).

Also for sale is an Elmo St1200 recently serviced.

contact me at sethclark@gmail.com

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 17, 2008 09:26 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seth,

I just sent you an email.

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2008 12:47 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Seth,
and me!

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Seth Clark
Junior

- posted November 18, 2008 02:09 PM      Profile for Seth Clark   Email Seth Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I've gotten your emails. The films and projector are at my sister's house. She's getting me a complete list of the films they have. I'll write back soon.

edit**

OK i have a list from my sister. This list is the list that was offered to her when she bought the lot plus screen for $1300 about 10 years ago. I am not immersed in the culture of 8mm so you'll forgive me I can't answer all your questions. Those of you local (Los Angeles) are welcome to come check them out.

The Elmo projector is in very good condition as far as I know and was serviced by a good shop here in LA just last year.

Lastly, she'd really prefer to sell this as one collection rather than piece it out if at all possible.

**edit #2**
mmkaayyyy I guess you'll have to go directly to the pictures on the picture host site that I pay for (NOT STOLEN) rather than see them here to see the list. sheesh.

page 1:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/908817/1662442/343708919.jpg

page 2:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/908817/1662442/343708922.jpg

[ November 18, 2008, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Seth Clark ]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 18, 2008 05:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seth,

Welcome to the Forum. I'm guessing from your last post that you ran into a small problem while trying to upload a picture. Sorry about that. This occasionally happens if you're using a firewall that blocks your browser from sending an http_referer value (standard stuff that all browsers send). The rude response you saw was put in place because we had problems with people uploading pictures on our servers and displaying them on their own commercial websites, all at our expense.

If you wish me to upload your list without changing your firewall, please send it to me using the e-mail icon to the right of my name and I'll take care of it.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 18, 2008 06:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like the collector had his collection on 800ft reels, at least, when it comes to the features.

Nice collection overall.

Who'll be the lucky guy? (or gal)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 18, 2008 08:03 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seth,

I sent you another email. [Smile]

Seth Clark
Junior

- posted November 19, 2008 12:13 PM      Profile for Seth Clark   Email Seth Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting a lot of questions that are similar from people via email so I'll post the responses here:

The Elmo projector is an ST1200 model. My sister had it serviced about 8 months ago. I'm not sure if they've used it since then. It IS (I'm pretty sure) an optical sound projector as many of the films have sound tracks on them and do not require a separate mag audio track.

Regarding the lengths of the reels: I've asked her to take the list and go show by show and with a tape measure, measure the reels. You guys can likely figure out if one reel is 5", 6", or 10" across what that means in terms of reel length. When she sends me those numbers, I'll repost the list with that info. If say "A Matter Of Time" (which is on 2 reels) has 2 different sized reels I'll list it as 8"/4"...this is rhetorical of course. I have no idea what the reel sized are for "A Matter Of Time" or any of the others at this point.

Lastly, please note that some of these titles are VERY abbreviated. Where the title is separated by a slash, "African Queen"/ "Mogambo" for instance, both films have been digested and put on ONE reel.

More to follow...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 19, 2008 05:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seth's list:

-

-

Doug

--------------------

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2008 06:26 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can never see pics posted here when I use Firefox. Ever.

It's always that picture accusing someone of stealing bandwidth, even the pics Doug posted above.

I have to use IE to see what pics people have posted. Perhaps this site could be adjusted to support Firefox?

Mike

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 28, 2008 06:43 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

I use Firefox and have never had a problem. Could you see if turning your firewall off changes anything? If not, please post in the 8mm Forum section and we'll find out what's up.

Doug

--------------------

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2008 08:15 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know what's happening with this film sale? I was corresponding with Seth about it, and then he disappeared. Just curious if anyone has heard if he sold the whole lot or if he's splitting the films up...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 28, 2008 08:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably sold the collection, as not everybody who sells stuff lets folks know they sold de stuff.

You happen to know, Dan?

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 28, 2008 10:14 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

No sign of Seth for days. [Confused] Maybe he is away for the holidays.

P.S. Osi, thanks for the Thanksgiving email. That was very thoughtful. [Smile]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 29, 2008 01:36 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was interested except for the fact that it seems there are not many features in there. Most of them look like digests and without the actual boxes....hmm....I seem to be ok buying features without boxes but I like the digests to have the original boxes.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 29, 2008 03:07 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Alan, the packaging of the digest was part of the mystique

(that's probably mis-spelled)

--------------------

Seth Clark
Junior

- posted February 11, 2009 02:13 PM      Profile for Seth Clark   Email Seth Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sincere apologies for this VERY belated reply to the this thread. Life has entered the fast track with a move and my wife being pregnant and this moved to a very back burner. However, I now have the diameters of all the reels and smart folks that you are you can obviously figure out what that means. Not one of these is in its original cardboard box so if you're looking for the real mint treasure these aren't them. But they are a great collection for a person who wants some interesting titles to play when every they feel the inkling.

"A Matter of Time" 2 reels 12" & 10 1/2"
"African Queen"/"Mogambo" 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Algiers" 2 reels 12" & 10 1/2"
"Baboona" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Behind the Screen" / "Cops" 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Bird of Paridise" 2 reels 12" & 10 1/2"
"Block-heads" 1 reel 12"
"Gentlemen Pref. Blondes" / "No Bus. Lk Show Bus." 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Cat and the Canary" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Dracula"/"Doom of Drac."/"House of Drac." 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Escape to Burma" 2 reels 12" & 10 1/2"
"Foreign Correspondence" 2 reels each 12"
"French Connection" /"Poseidon Adventure" 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Girl and her trust"/”Teddy at the Throttle” 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Gosta Berling Saga" 2 reels 12" & 10 1/2"
"Hollywood-the Seznick Years" 1 reel 12”
"Hoppity goes to Town" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"I married a Witch" 2 reels each 12"
"Invisible Ghost" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Jungle Book" 2 reels 12" & 10 1/2"
"King Kong" 2 reels each 12"
"Little Orphan Annie" 1 reel 12"
"Love and First Bite" 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Monster Maker" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Most Dangerous Game” 1 reel 12"
"Mummy" / “Mummy’s Tomb” 1 reel 10 1/2"
"One Body Too Many" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Phantom of the Opera" 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Revenge of the Vampire" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Robin Hood" 1 reel 12"
"Saturday Night Fever" 1 reel 12"
"Saturday Night Fever" 4 reels each 7"
"Scarlet Pimpernel" 2 reels 12" & 10 1/2"
"Shadow of the Werewolf" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Shall We Dance" 2 reels each 12”
"Silencers" / ”Up Pompeii” 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Smokey and the Bandit" 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Soilers"/”Big Bus.”/”Rose to Fame” 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Stage Door Canteen" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Straw Dogs" 2 reels 12" & 10 1/2"
"Superman"/”Alien” 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Third Man" 2 reels each 12"
"Toyland" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Trail of Frankenstein"/”Psycho”/”Strait-Jacket” 1 reel 10 1/2"
"Trailing the Killers" 1 reel 12”
"Vampire Circus" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Vampire Trailers" 1 reel 10 1/2"
"White Zombie" 2 reels each 10 1/2"
"Wizard of OZ"/”Dr. Zhivago” 1 reel 10 1/2"

And again, the sheet with slightly more info:

page 1:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/908817/1662442/343708919.jpg

page 2:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/908817/1662442/343708922.jpg

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2009 03:09 PM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Seth,

I just send you a mail.

Hans

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 11, 2009 04:36 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seth,

You've got mail!

Seth Clark
Junior

- posted February 11, 2009 05:35 PM      Profile for Seth Clark   Email Seth Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your inquiries everybody. As Dan Lail was one of the first people interested in the collection when I first posted and replied again today, we have made arrangements and he will be purchasing the entire lot. Thanks again.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2009 05:44 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Seth, couldn't get through via e-mail, but i'd like REVENGE OF THE VAMPIRE and SHADOW OF THE WEREWOLF if they're still available. Let me know via my e-mail link. thanks, Joe

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Seth Clark
Junior

- posted February 11, 2009 06:27 PM      Profile for Seth Clark   Email Seth Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry Joe but it was my family's desire to have the entire collection bought as a whole and Dan has offered to do that. The collection is tentatively sold. Thanks all.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2009 05:22 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, keep me in mind for those two films if you decide to sell them. thanks [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 12, 2009 05:34 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, those are very tasty titles. It may be hard to pry them from my sweaty little hands. [Big Grin]

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2009 10:31 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're all comin' over to yer place this weekend for the big show, Dan!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC