8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Super 8 Sound - Sons Of The Desert For Trade

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 Sound - Sons Of The Desert For Trade
Raymond Glaser
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2009 07:01 AM      Profile for Raymond Glaser   Email Raymond Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gang ! - Well, I've finally been accepted into this fantastic forum and I'm grateful to be here - Thanks and here goes my first post : I have a couple of extra Blackhawk Super 8 Sound prints of Laurel & Hardy's SONS OF THE DESERT 4 x 400' w/OB(both in VERY GOOD condition)- I would like to trade for titles that I need for my collection - (1) The Devil's Brother (2) Babes In Toyland (3) Bonnie Scotland (4) Swiss Miss (5) The Flying Deuces --- If anyone can help, please contact me at RayJoker1954@AOL.com - I will be posting more Super 8 and Standard 8mm films to trade in the near future - Thanks again for welcoming me into this forum (Hi Shorty!)

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 17, 2009 12:07 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ray - T-Bird released MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDIERS. Blackhawk did not have rights to release Babes (would have been great though) - DEUCES is a Niles, when you can find one (Phil Johnson has a print) - Check him out for some other features on The Boys - If you see and old 8mm around of Slipping Wives, give me a holler - Welcome, leave something funny behind and always look ahead for the next film - Cheers from Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 17, 2009 12:57 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raymond ...

First off, welcome!

Secondly, I'm not sure, but Independent 8 either still has or had a print of "Flying Deuces: as a feature film, and AI believe that that particular copy was not Niles, but was put out by some british company and I have heard that it is quite a good print.

You can check Independent 8's lists on one of the top listings in this section which advertises the different company's. Please be advised, however, that Independent 8 is a U.K. company, so it will be a little more costly, but worth it. Barry, (owner of Independent 8) is truly one of the best.

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 17, 2009 01:28 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or you can look over Phil's site

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2009 02:30 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

I have Laurel and Hardy - Banished to Bogeyland - Super 8 Silent, which is a 200 ft digest of "Babes in Toyland" if it's of any interest to you.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2009 05:04 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome on board, Raymond.
You can probably find something you are looking for here:

Phil's Vintage Movie Films and Collectibles

Listed titles are frequently updated. Good luck.

GIAN

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2009 01:57 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ray, I did not notice Shorty had already suggested to take a look at Phil's site. Sorry guys!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2009 03:56 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann just listed this:

137– BABES IN TOYLAND Aka MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDIERS– 1x1600’ A. B&W. £40.00’ Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy star as Stannie Dum and Ollie Dee, bumbling apprentices to the master toymaker of Toyland a joyous fairy-tale community populated by the colourful Mother Goose characters, the one sour apple in the barrel is mean old Silas Barnaby. Mounted on 1600’ metal spool.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC