8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » FOR FREE: USED SUPER 8 LEADERS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FOR FREE: USED SUPER 8 LEADERS
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 12:16 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently changed leaders on almost all of my reels of film. Rather than discard, it is available for anyone interested.

Various lengths of Neumade Fiesta white and black leader. There is more white than black. The black pieces average 2 ft in length, the white 4 ft in length.

This film is free for the asking, please play postage.

I find threading to be more reliable with standard polyester or mylar than the acetate. I am not sure why this is. It seems that in my very tiny booth, autoloading normally works. But when I kick start the machine in to forward mode, plyester leaders are smooth and get right going. But this plastic leader from Neumade often chatters and loose the loops. Although it usually will correct on it's own through my st 1200 machines.

I would like to make it known these strips are in good condition with no broken sprockets.

I will ship world wide.

Chip Gelmini

|  IP: Logged

Raymond Glaser
Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 02:00 PM      Profile for Raymond Glaser   Email Raymond Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chip !!! I saw your free leaders and I definately could use them - I'll E-mail my address to you - I'll pay for the shipping etc. and I'll send you a free film because you're so generous !!! (Let me know if you would like a Standard 8mm or Super 8 film) - Thanks, Ray

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 03:06 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ray

Thank you for offering the super 8 film. I would prefer something in sound super 8 only please. I can run standard 8mm but do not collect it - just not interested.

Depending on the trade, we could wave shipping costs - what I mean is you do not have to pay me for shipping costs - your offer for a super 8 sound film would be in exchange. I suspect this would be a value of around $10.00 or less.

Upon mutual agreement, I will give a green light to your offer.

It should be understood the leaders will be loose in a box and not on a reel. So be prepared to do some sorting when you open it.

Please write to me again with your final answer.

CG

Raymond Glaser
Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 03:56 PM      Profile for Raymond Glaser   Email Raymond Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chip - How about if I give you a choice of which Super 8 Sound film you would prefer ???? 1) The Wolfman 200' B/W Castle Film (with the OB) --- OR --- 2) Betty Boop For President 200' Fair Color Ivy Films (no box) - Ray

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC