8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Disney's SLEEPING BEAUTY on Ebay (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Disney's SLEEPING BEAUTY on Ebay
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 08:12 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Polyester is thinner than acetate. Derann prints are on polyester.
That's why the same movie, printed on different stocks, fits a different number of reels [Wink] .
All unauthorized Italian 8mm movies issued in Italy in the 70's-early 80's were printed on acetate.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 08:21 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aha [Wink]

Well that rules out it being an italian release then, as it wouldn't have fitted three reels.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 08:26 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's why I told you I'm sure it's a Derann [Wink] .

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 08:29 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As is say,it's a handler and in the history i see that he sell more super8 items,the only question i have,why don't he has a screenshot.
Strange if you have so many super8 stuff! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 08:32 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maye a little lazy seller, Jeroen.
I must admit every time I screen my movies and I take some pictures, it takes so longtime to have decent/steady images and to post them. 8 shots posted = 50/70 shots taken.
This is just my opinion, of course [Wink] .

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 08:58 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at the packaging in the photograph, I have to say that the boxes are very "Derann-like". When Derann re-sell second hand prints they are, sometimes, "repackaged" into plain white boxes, with the title and reel number written on the "end flap".

Also, not all sellers of film on E-Bay, are "collectors". he may have been in the hobby at sometime and decided to "move on". However, if he then has the opportunity to obtain a "job lot" of super 8 film, at a good price, E-bay is the "marketplace" in which to move them.

He also has good a "feedback" record. The only "negative" is nothing to do with Super 8mm.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 09:03 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very lazy ha ha ha [Big Grin]
I hope it is really good quality,but because that he is lazy i'am not interrested! [Razz]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 09:14 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you, Keith.
And I had already taken a look at his feedback record too. Christian stated the seller had this movie included in a job lot.
So many details to be sure he doesn't know so much about 8mm.
I would risk on it!

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 06, 2010 09:15 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gian, I just recieved a reply from the seller, and he couldnt supply pictures as he doesnt have a projector.
Hi all,

He cannot be not having a projector. Look at his feedback as a buyer not too long ago:

quote:

• OSRAM HALOGEN PHOTO OPTIC LAMP XENOPHOT 15V 150 W (#170398547508) "Welcome back, would deal with again. Thanks" seller: steve228566
  • 8MM Film Will Hay in OH MR PORTER 3 X 600FT REELS B&W/S (#170382552810) "Glad that the film is all good" seller: beautifull_brunette
  • Super 8 film - Scars of dracula (#280395755301)"gr8 ebay buyer thankyou A#+++".
    Seller: vauxhallpartswarehouse
  • george formby in OFF THE DOLE s8mm 2x800ft sound 1935 (#130336011719) "fine ebayer thank you" seller: foydonkey

...etc...etc...
Why would he buy a Projector lamp and many 8mm films if he does not have a projector?... I am curios and this is suspicious.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 09:17 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he buys and re-sells to make a little profit eh eh eh. Who knows?
I must admit I'm a little confused, now. But still sure he's VERY lazy [Big Grin] .

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 09:35 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert - Have you ever been requested for "jury service"?

If you look at the feedback as a whole - buying and selling, he has a good record. I recognise quite a few "buyers and sellers" who have posted positive feedback for the seller. Some of these are Forum members (I won't reveal who, for obvious reasons).

It may be as Gian suggested, he is a "lazy" seller. If he puts a film on at that price he is obviously aware that may be all he might get for it. It all depends on what he paid and what minimum "profit margin" he is prepared to accept. All this against the amount of time it takes to fulfill all of the requirements asked for from "potential buyers" - setting up the projector, feeding the film, taking numerous digital photographs, posting them or e-mailing them out etc.

Not all sellers are as pedantic as most of us forum members. They just want to put the goods on E-Bay and sell them with a minimum amount of fuss.

After all, look on the "bright side" - he may have only paid £5.00 for the print, in the first place?

Also when you read his "lazy" desciption he may have adopted the better to "understate" the condition, rather the than "exagerate" method of selling.

PS - By the way, one of the feedback items quoted from "Vauxhallpartswarehouse" was not a super 8 film, but a Car Crankshaft Pulley.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 09:48 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, considering the fact that he has 98% positive feedback from almost 100 auctions, I would say this seller could be trusted enough for this to at least not be a complete hoax.

Maybe it's a factory rejected Derann print? Or maybe he doesnt have a clue what its worth? For all we know he isnt even that familiar with reels and can't judge the colours properly, especially since hes given me and Winbert different answers.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 09:59 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the end of the day, buying any film off E-Bay is like entering a lottery draw.

You may win, you may lose, but first of all, you have to buy the ticket. [Razz]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 06, 2010 10:42 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whats a "pendantic"?

Is it like a Piniata?

Or a pomegranate?

I agree with Winbert on this one? This guy probably has a projector, and perhaps a print of Sleeping Beauty that comes complete with a notorious big green scratch!

Or, it could be near pristine.

Though I like the film, I won't risk it.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 11:10 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, my little bro' -

PEDANTIC means "attention to details".

Something obviously lacking in the "American" side of the family - "PENDANTIC" - Really, I ask you, how can you spell "POMEGRANATE" correctly and miss-spell "PEDANTIC"?

"Attention to detail!" my dear bro'. [Razz]

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 03:58 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so the seller isn't responding. I sent him three mails over the last four days, and recieved a reply simply saying "OK" this morning, but he hasn't changed the requirements yet.

If anyone in the UK would be willing to bid £40 for me I would be very happy [Smile]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 11:50 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, have you found someone who will help you with this?

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 12:07 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, sadly I havent, and the auction ends in 56 minutes, so it looks grim [Frown]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 12:16 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering the seller told you he would have shipped the item to Norway (am I right?) have you tried to place your bid even if the sale is limited to UK?

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 12:19 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I have, but it says that I'm not in the countries he ships to. Seeing as he suddenly stopped replying aswell I'd say he's just lazy.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 12:31 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Other chances will get soon. Never be in a hurry, with 8mm (well, this is a general statement. We should never be in a hurry for anything!). What you look for will appear, someday. After waiting for a longtime the happiness is even bigger (imagine I have found titles I had been after for 20/30 years! And I suppose the same has happened at least once to all of us!).

Be happy anyway!

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 12:35 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm not gonna worry more about it. Hopefully something nice will turn up on Deranns list soon [Smile]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 01:02 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope so, Chris [Wink] !

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC