8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Walton Films 60's or 70's Catalogue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Walton Films 60's or 70's Catalogue
David Ralph
Junior

- posted February 17, 2010 10:24 AM      Profile for David Ralph   Email David Ralph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am new to collecting ( only got my projector at Christmas!!) and have (sort of) decided that I would like to collect Walton Films as I remember them from my childhood ... I have acquired a few of the Tom and Jerry cartoons - is that right that they are not a full cartoon and have some scenes cut ? Anyway, does anyone have a Walton Films catalogue from either the 60's or 70's that they would be willing to photocopy or supply a scan of the pages, which I then could use as a reference point for my (hopeful ) collection.

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2010 10:29 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Walton cut everything to save a few pennies on every print.

You'd be better off sticking with more modern Derann and Classic releases as they're all on low fade stock. As a rule they are superior quality imagery too.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 17, 2010 11:05 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum, and to super 8 collecting. You might want also to check out Film Office's releases as the T&J toons were uncut.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 17, 2010 12:37 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, I am also looking for a Walton catalog that lists certain RKO shorts of Leon Errol, and others - Also looking for a Mountain Films catalog for Edgar Kennedy releases, so let's help each other if we can - Welcome & Cheers from Shorty

David Ralph
Junior

- posted February 17, 2010 01:20 PM      Profile for David Ralph   Email David Ralph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am just a little fuzzy (excuse the pun) regarding the fade issue on 8mm film and maybe someone could point me in the right direction. The colour films I have so far, some Derann, some Walton, Some Disney, 1 Iver Film and a PM Release all have variable colour and degrees of fade, I am also not an eccentric millionaire and my budget is modest, so what should I be looking for and should I be buying from auction sites? Does the magnetic sound track have the same deterioation as the picture. If the film is on a black and white stock does this have the same fade properties as colour. I am not so naive to understand that there are some real 'dogs' out there, but also there are some films which have been looked after and are looking for new caring homes! Are Walton Films really a 'no no' due to cost cutting editing, fade and quality or are there some good copies that should / could be in my collection. So to sum up ...... HELP!! [Eek!]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC