8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Super 8mm WAR OF THE WORLDS condensed version

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8mm WAR OF THE WORLDS condensed version
Brian Paul Cook
Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2010 10:36 PM      Profile for Brian Paul Cook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I am new to this sight and have just recently began or I should say returned to my childhood/young manhood hobby of collecting 8mm. I have always collected 16mm and now am finding it really fun to collect Super 8mm Sound. I am looking for the condensed 1200?ft. version of WAR OF THE WORLDS as well as early, early westerns and more fifties science fiction. Anyone with lists or knowing the whereabouts of a primo copy of WAR OF THE WORLDS, please drop me a line. Thanks, and I look forward to this forum. Super 8MM SOUND WAR OF THE WORLDS

--------------------
Brian Paul Cook

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 05, 2010 06:45 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, welcome to the Forum.

You should writ this message in "Film wanted" section. This is for Equipments.

Doug, the moderator, may you move this please.

Anyway, regarding your request, I once posted that very title with screen shots which is great. So you have a chance this film in no-fading stock.

You can see that here:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005211#000013

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 05, 2010 11:13 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

Thank you. Post moved!

Brian,

Glad you're here! Welcome back to Super 8mm. Many of us enjoyed this hobby as youngsters, drifted away as we got older and appreciate it more now that we're back.

I have all four releases of this film on 8mm. There's the Ken Films 200' B&W silent, the Marketing 400' and 3x400' versions and the Marketing full length feature. The 3x400' (great edit) has the best color.

Please take a look at the "Super 8mm Film Distributors and Sellers" topic that heads up this section. Derann and Classic, in addition to their new releases, have used lists. Derann also puts out the terrific "Films for the Collector" magazine. Barry Atwood (Independent 8) always has great films in his listings. Paul Foster has had "War of the Worlds" on his site. Ian O'Reilly posts his Perry's Movies lists right here.
Since you're back in the hobby and based in the US, you really should subscribe to The Reel Image. In addition to the magazine, Steve Osborne sends out used film lists.

Good luck!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Brian Paul Cook
Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2010 11:28 AM      Profile for Brian Paul Cook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information. As you can see, I am a stickler for detail... I posted in the wrong category and I misspelled site. Oh well, I think I am going to really enjoy this forum site and look forward to interacting with others and buying and selling some films while I'm at it.

--------------------
Brian Paul Cook

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2010 04:46 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Brian! Doug summed it up well!

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2010 01:05 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Brian,

Welcome to this great hobby.

I've send you an émail.

Best regards,

JC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC