8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Super 8's for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8's for sale
Guy Tessier
Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2011 05:41 PM      Profile for Guy Tessier   Author's Homepage   Email Guy Tessier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all - moving these on fro a friend. If you are interested in any, prices are negotiable and I can arrange to view entire prints to be accurate about their quality overall. You can reply directly on the BB, send a PM or email me at guy.tessier@fahcsia.gov.au

Blockheads
Laurel and Hardy – B/W sound 3 x 400 ft from IE International 3 plastic library cases housed in a snap lock illustrated box. $60

Cabinet of Dr Caligari
B/W scored soundtrack 3 x 400ft reels in plain white boxes - $50

The Caddy
B/W sound 6x400 foot Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. Good American print. $100

Days of Thrills and Laughter
B/W sound 5 x 400ft Robert Youngson compilation from Powell Films in the UK. $100

Grease. This is loaded onto a full 800 ft reel. The leader states Marketing Films, so it could be a joined up version of the 3 x 400 ft release. I watched the start on the beach scene and the title sequence. Colour more pale than faded but still good. Soundtrack fine. There is a scratch running down the extreme right hand side of the picture which I suspect might last for most of the print. However – if you are projecting onto a masked screen it would probably be eliminated from view. If you’re interested in this one I can watch it all and let you know how the whole print shapes up (not on a scratching projector I assure you) or you can make an offer as is!

Gulliver’s Travels
Colour sound on 2 x 800ft reels. This is an American print of the Fleischer animated film and has good sound, nice sharpness and better than faded colour. The title sequence is quite red but the shipwreck shows blues, yellows, good flesh tones and (contrasty) darks. Promising. $70

If I had a Million
B/W Sound 400ft form Universal 8 in original box. W.C. Field segment of feature film of same name. $15

Our Relations
B/W sound 3 x 400 ft Walton release in original boxes of this Laurel and Hardy mini feature. $60

Rock Rock Rock
B/W sound 5 x 400 ft in original box. De Maio films release of this 50’s “juke box” rock and roll movie with Tuesday Weld, Alan Freed and musical performances by Chuck Berry, Rocky Burnette and many others. Quite rare on Super 8. $120

Star is Born, A
Colour sound 400ft in original WB clamshell box. Good sound and some colour left. $15

Singing in the Rain
Both colour sound 400 ft American prints of this release. Colour variable but sometimes good. Sound fine. Unfortunately the first reel has a scratch on the left hand side. $20 for both.

Summer Holiday
Colour sound 4 x 400 ft in original Walton boxes. Great sound and fair (though faded) colour in this Cliff Richard musical. $60

Third Man. The
B/W sound 6 x 400 ft in original Walton boxes. $70

You can’t cheat an honest man
B/W sound 400ft in original Universal 8 box – W.C Fields. $15

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC