8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » FEATURES For sale: Bambi, Fantasia, jungle book

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FEATURES For sale: Bambi, Fantasia, jungle book
Anthony Buhay
Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2012 09:18 PM      Profile for Anthony Buhay   Author's Homepage   Email Anthony Buhay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ebay.com/sch/uma.uma/m.html?_nkw=super+8&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

not my sale, but thought i would share this with you all. Maybe someone could benefit?

already reached too high a price for my liking since i am in the US.

Let us know if anyone here wins any?

Your welcome? [Smile]

--------------------
All your films belong to me :) just kidding, we can shares!

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 29, 2012 10:22 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Becareful, they are italian prints.

We knew that majority of Italian prints are not legal and ex-rental, so they suffer from badly faded and scratch.

If they are sold below $100 may be still OK for those kind of print, but if ever goes to close to Derann's price, better to avoid.

my 2 cents,

--------------------
Winbert

Anthony Buhay
Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2012 02:24 AM      Profile for Anthony Buhay   Author's Homepage   Email Anthony Buhay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good 2 cents!

I wasnt aware of that. I knew they were in italian but that was about it. Thanks for the input/warning!

--------------------
All your films belong to me :) just kidding, we can shares!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 30, 2012 01:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Winbert. Ocasionally, the Italian super 8 market would release a good print, but I have found that as a general rule, the prints were taken from soon to be destroyed ex-theatrical prints with LOTS of wear!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2012 03:22 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DerAnn rules! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2012 06:19 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi and Winbert, don't forget we also produced and distributed so many official titles that would not exist on 8mm, otherwise.

Derann rules, no doubt, but, just to give a 'couple' of examples, I'd like to remind some of the most popular official super 8 distributors we had in Italy during the 70's:

SAMPAOLO
Sil.Ma
EuroFilm
Fapex
Emmepì
Cifop
C.I.C.
Techno Film
Avo Film
Argos Film
Lyon's
Medusa
Oceania
Shark
Universal Cine
Morgani Cinematografica
Integral Film
Filmautori
La Cineteca
Cinecofas etc. etc. etc...

We don't even know how many titles were printed here in Italy. So so many. And yes, most of them are on faded stock. But I think I already stated so many times the format died immediately after low fade stocks were introduced. It's plenty of excellent movies and prints, sometimes very good b/w ones. All I want to say is not all Italian prints are rubbish.

Osi, don't get me wrong, but if Italian 8mm piracy had not existed here, you would not probably have in your collection a print of 'Song of the South' or a (bad) copy of 'Fantasia' including a censored sequence that was never released on any other format.

Most of them listed on Ebay are ex library copies, that's undeniable, but it is still possible to get prints from private collectors which are in very good condition.

As an Italian collector, I think it would be better to leave us to comment upon our 8mm production (which does not include only bootlegs or Disney's on faded stocks).

I also would like to remind Derann too, before 1982, were used to print on fading stock.

[Wink]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 30, 2012 07:32 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, that's a phenomenal list of distributors! I don't suppose there's any other country in the world which had so may operating in the same decade.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2012 02:09 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ciao Adrian. Definitely right. And consider I did not mention all of them (and it would be, once again, quite impossible to list all titles that were produced and distributed).
Ciao.

--------------------

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2012 02:29 AM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some 3 reel boxes from IE International (from Milan) and these still have nice colors.
So I agree with Gian, there definitely came good prints from Italy.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2012 04:06 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

I agree with Gian and It's really a pity that here, especially among very expert and long time collectors, it seems to me there's a sort of prejudice about Italian prints.
Of course all of us know that bootlegs and unauthorized copies have been printed in every country and not only in Italy, but indeed a lot of very good prints were also printed here and I'm quiet sure that many collectors are aware of this.

Derann is a real "exception" and I think it cannot be compared to any other Company, be it English, French, Deutch, Italian...

Flavio

[ February 11, 2012, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Flavio Stabile ]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 02, 2012 09:44 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio and Gian,

Your points are well taken, however the majority of posts about poor quality Italian prints have come from Italian film collectors. These posts normally concerned bootleg titles, which would get a lot of attention here since the films weren't widely available. This unfortunately appears to have lead people to mistakenly assume that these were representative of your country's 8mm output. It's the same as if collectors outside the US assumed that Thunderbird and Atlas prints were the standard for our releases.

It's good to dispel this perception.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2012 02:31 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least now this was clarified. Ciao Doug!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC