8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Trailers and Digests on Ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trailers and Digests on Ebay
Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2012 06:53 AM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please check out a few auctions I currently have running through Sunday. I'll add some pics of the Scope items by Saturday.

Thanks!
Greg

|  IP: Logged

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2012 09:54 AM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess the link would help.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/nicenashguy/m.html?item=330700495840&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Nicholas Cook
Junior

- posted March 15, 2012 10:01 AM      Profile for Nicholas Cook   Email Nicholas Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Greg,

Do you ship to Canada? Ebay's "Shipping and payments" tab is only allowing me to see the US rates, even though it states that shipping is available throughout North America.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 15, 2012 11:18 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nicholas,

I bought films from Greg. Although they haven't arrived yet, but I am sure he will send to Canada. I live in Toronto, btw.

--------------------
Winbert

Nicholas Cook
Junior

- posted March 15, 2012 11:47 AM      Profile for Nicholas Cook   Email Nicholas Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Winbert!

How much was the shipping? Do you know of any stores in Toronto that sell Super 8?

From what I've read, most of the bigger stores are in the UK, some in the US and none in Canada [Frown]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 15, 2012 12:12 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shipping from Greg is very reasonable. I believe he can use a flat rate envelope which allow you to take 4 lb max for $12.95. Not bad, compared to our Canada post which is so expensive even within the country!

No, there is no super 8mm shop here in Canada.

I once threw the same question here and spoke to many Canadian members that they were also facing the same problem. I am here for temporary term, and will return home to Indonesia next year.

Even in Indonesia I could still get super 8mm films, but not in Canada. It is so strange for me knowing this would be the main entertainment tool before the video era. But where they have gone now?

ps: but just fyi, I once won 4 super 8mm 400' digest from Ebay and they had Richmond Hill Library stamps on all 4. So some libraries must have super8mm in their collection, but they are now somewhere hiding in the basement.

--------------------
Winbert

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2012 10:38 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Nicholas.... yes, will ship to Canada for you. Cost would range from $10 to $13 range, depending on how many reels and overall weight. What titles are you looking at specifically? I can weigh them here at the house and give you an estimate of the cost for First Class Int'l or Flat Rate.

Thanks Winbert. Package went out on the 12th, so you should have it soon.

Nicholas Cook
Junior

- posted March 17, 2012 11:54 AM      Profile for Nicholas Cook   Email Nicholas Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greg,

I was really just looking at the 400 ft Star Wars reel, and would prefer the first class shipping (that would be cheaper for just one reel, right?)

Thanks

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2012 05:14 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like shipping/handling would run you around $8.50, so definitely cheaper that way than Flat Rate. Good luck!

Nicholas Cook
Junior

- posted March 17, 2012 08:14 PM      Profile for Nicholas Cook   Email Nicholas Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, can't go any higher [Frown]

But you're guaranteed to get at least $20 now [Big Grin]

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2012 02:59 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Greg, fun to see that I bought some of my first digests from you over 10 years ago on eBay! Best wishes with your auctions.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2012 01:53 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Bill.... how you doing? Yeah, that would have been 1997 or 1998 or so... got out of collecting at that point. Not doing that now, just thinning out some things I don't want.

More auctions are now going, and more going on tonight, Tuesday, 3/20. All will end Sunday evening.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC