8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Empire Strikes Back question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Empire Strikes Back question
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 06:51 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've seen around now, there is a full feature version of this and the one I had when I was 11, the one with AT-AT walkers in Norway :-)

And I think I've seen another one, starting with the emperor hologram thingy. Is this possible to buy still? If so, anyone can sell me one of those?

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 07:14 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Vidar,you're quite right about ESB, there were two 400'
versions that were done by Ken Films in the USA and different
edits from Germany, again 2x400, apart from the full length feature in 'scope.Indeed if you consult the forums search, you'll
find any amount of discussion on the two STAR WARS films, which
I would think are the most popular films on this forum.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 10:13 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh, CMMIIW the 2 * 400' ESB German version (from UFA) has exactly the same edit with Ken version due to the fact they were printed by Ken Films.

It is different case with SW I because the German version was released by Marketing Films while in the USA was by Ken.

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 10:22 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Winbert, I shouldn't think Vidar should have any
trouble finding the second instalment, fingers crossed.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 10:32 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope so, but I am unsure where to look. I check eBay on a regular basis and I've now asked here. Checked the lists at bffc.biz and search for it on the .it, .de, .no eBays as well as scandinavian sites. But after a day, I guess it's too much to hope for :-) I'll give up in a year (after attending a convention or two)

I do not want the german sound (if they dubbed it), so I am sceptical about eBay.de

Thanks all for the help so far

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 10:36 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So this is the possible version for SW & ESB available from German:

Star Wars (Marketing Films) 400'
Star Wars 2nd vers (Marketing Films) 200'
Star Wars 3 rd vers (UFA) 400'

ESB I (UFA) 400'
ESB II (UFA) 400'

In the USA, they were released respectively as 400' by Ken Films. But please note that the ones released in Germany by Marketing has different Edit with UFA/Ken.

In Italy SW was released in 7 * 200'. No idea about the content.

AFAIK no bootleg print for this title. The same case with "the Sound of Music". I don't know why, while other titles, even for "ET/Extra Terrestrial", were plenty around

--------------------
Winbert

Joseph Banfield
Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 01:34 PM      Profile for Joseph Banfield   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, if you don't want German sound then stay away from Ebay.de because all of them are in German. My copy of ESB is in German but since I speak German I sought it out on German Ebay just for that reason.

Like others here have said, the UFA version from Germany and the one from Ken films is exactly the same version frame for frame and printed on the same Eastman film stock (translation: color fade).

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 01:49 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, any idea where to find one? I mean the part 2 of ESB starting with the emperor?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC