8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » SOLD - Feature: CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH super 8 sound good color

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOLD - Feature: CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH super 8 sound good color
Kevin Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2012 04:28 PM      Profile for Kevin Meyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

For Sale: "California Gold Rush" (1981) Super 8mm magnetic sound in color in good condition on a giant 15" (1800-feet? Too big for my projector, anyway) blue plastic reel in gray can. Synopsis: "Two Bret Harte adventures, 'The Luck of Roaring Camp' and 'The Outcasts of Poker Flat', are threaded together and related from Harte's point of view, with Robert Hays playing Harte as an aspiring young writer who goes west in the 1840's in search of adventure. Another in the 'Classics Illustrated' series (this entry filmed in 1979) that NBC aired periodically between 1977 and 1982." With Robert Hays, John Dehner, Ken Curtis, Dan Haggerty. $33 plus shipping to USA.

[ November 23, 2012, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Meyer ]

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2012 06:41 PM      Profile for Kevin Meyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Price reduced

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2012 11:15 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, is this LPP color, or too old for that?

Kevin Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2012 11:04 AM      Profile for Kevin Meyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure what the film stock is, don't see any markings on the edge of the film - sorry

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2012 11:30 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that could be a good sign - at least it's NOT normal Eastman, then.

Can you give a little more detail as to the quality of the color and the sharpness of the print? Thanks for your troubles.

Kevin Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2012 01:59 PM      Profile for Kevin Meyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, I would say the print is very sharp, but because it is on such a gigantic reel, I can only watch the first twenty or thirty feet on my projector. I would say the print is getting a little warmish, but in the very beginning, there are highlights from the other CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED films, including one of two ships on the high seas and the ocean is still blue - I do not believe it is LPP, though, by any means, because as I say, the colors are starting to fade. It still looks to be very watchable, though. I'm sorry I couldn't take any screen shots, but my good digital camera is not working right now (and my cheap digital camera wouldn't work for screen shots). Bill, if you are interested in the print, I will throw in the shipping costs. Let me know and thanks for your interest.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2012 08:14 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I'll PM you. Thank you, Kevin.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC