8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » "Revenge of the Jedi" super 8 trailer relisted!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Revenge of the Jedi" super 8 trailer relisted!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 30, 2012 03:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ended up having to relist this trailer as, once it had a bid on it, you could not add other categories, and since I want this to get the best possible results, hence the change. Therefore, here is the new listing of it ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321033604402

all the best

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2012 03:05 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, but Revenge of the Sith is Episode 3, while you're advertising trailer for Episode 6... [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 30, 2012 10:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DAMMIT!! Thanx 4 catching that Fabrizio! I REALLY need to reread posts and especially ebay listings before I put the damned things up!!! [Smile]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 04, 2012 01:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm ... this is starting to get interesting, and with three days to go. What is the highest known price for a trailer on record? Anybody know?

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 04, 2012 01:57 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not trying to start anything here, but checked the other auctions from seller and I was kinda interested in Tom Sawyer movie ... However, it's says brand new, never projected, yet the description says sound is good (How to know this if it's not viewed?)

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 04, 2012 02:55 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good point, Vidar, but "(please note: that desdription is based upon our own print we have in our archive, but all the prints that ABC films made of this film were the same in this regard)." says the listing.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 04, 2012 04:20 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, didn't read all. Sorry

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 06, 2012 12:42 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, he's right. We already have this print ourselves, and both are ABC Films prints. I guess it could be possible that the print might have defective sound, but we have had many a ABC film prints, and they have always had superior mono sound.

However, in theory, we could be wrong, but i would certianly be willing to bet on good boooming snd sharp mono sound on "Tom Sawyer".

Personally, i think that the original box that this was at one time in (Tom Sawyer) was lying a little. It says 80 to 83 minutes. However ...

Not only would it fit on 4X400ft reels, but on 3X400ft reels full and 1X400 with only about half a reel full. We know that for a fact because our "Archival print" of this is placed on 4X400ft, and evenly spaced out, it maybe fills 17 minutes of space on the reels, and that only adds up to about 70 minutes, give or take a minute.

Still, all in all, a very good film.

Thanx for the interest Vidar. [Smile]

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 06, 2012 01:14 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Imdb says 77 min for Spain and 91 for US

If you still have one after Christmas I'd like to buy one from you

Not meant disrespectful, hope you didn't feel that

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 07, 2012 01:17 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No disrespect taken. [Smile]

Hey, shoot me a e-mail at ...

toac2001@hotmail.com

... as my PM file is still out of whack!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC