8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Adventures of Robin Hood

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adventures of Robin Hood
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 24, 2012 08:01 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this difficult to find in the full (I think) 5x400' Derann print?

Offers welcome

|  IP: Logged

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2012 08:39 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi!Vidar a merry christmas to you,yes the adventures of robin hood it,s a great film,i got inmy my collection a great print from red fox it cames in 6x400ft,i know derann had reprint this htitle,i not sure if it,s in 5 or 6 x4oot,but any way it,s the full leght ,i wish you luck...
regards:
luis caramelo

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 24, 2012 08:42 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones too.

I saw 3x400 on a couple of sites, but I thought, this can't be the full version ... I think a review on bfcc.biz says Derann print with A quality was on 5x400 ... It's about 105 minutes, I believe

Hope there's a possibility of getting it, only have the 50' B&W Silent one, just doesn't do it :-/

Cheers to all

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2012 08:53 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi!again Vidar,i have check in an old site from derann,the full lenght from derann,it,s in 6x400ft,but inicialy,derann had released 4 extracts of 400ft witch can see it independently,ther,s a chance to make an edited with corected order,in my opinion it,s not comparable with the full leght,so get rush,keep your eyes open in the lists of our official leaders,and you probly got luck in find a good print in low fade of robin hood,my print has a stuning colors it,s one of mine great films i got in my collection...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 24, 2012 09:30 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, just saw on the review site

THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD 5x400ft Colour Sound Available from Derann

and thought that at least was the full feature ... But will look for a 6x400' ... Thanks again

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2012 10:34 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, You will want to look for the 6X400' RED FOX print. Excellent color! I think Steven Sigel has it on his last Forum list, about five pages back.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 24, 2012 11:32 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, sent him a PM, hoping it's not sold yet :-)

Hmmm ... I didn't read carefully there ... I just searched for Robin Hood and replied to the first title there. Wasn't complete :-(

Sorry Zechariah Sporre

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2012 12:45 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar

I have just responded to your PM - yes, I still have the print ...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 24, 2012 01:22 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you!

They looked a bit pricey for now, I was thinking since the 3x400' went for 49, I guessed about double for the whole.

I'll have to think about it a little then, because that's almost halfway to an Alien or Empire print

Thanks for the response though. I did see one I'd like, the Woody Allen movie, Take the Money and Run (that's also a complete feature right?) Might go for that one for now

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted December 24, 2012 09:08 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can't get the 6x400 edition Vidar,the 4x400' from Derann
is the next best thing.It has been edited by an expert in the field
Keith Wilton, who has a love,nay, passion for this film.It is so well
edited, it is difficult to see what was left out.Needless to say, the
colour was excellent.I did have it myself and it ran, if I remember,
70 minutes or so.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2012 04:52 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a 5x400 for sale on one of the forums here quite recently, don't know what happened to it.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2012 08:24 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Derann cutdown version is very good. Like Hugh says edited by an expert.

Original three releases were each self-contained, this was due to the contract specifying that each must be a separate digest, but the way Keith edited them it was quite easy to re-edit them into a 3x400. The fourth reel was about 300ft adding I think two extra scenes. It does make a nice 4x400 film though.

Not sure where they are, but Keith had printed how to edit into 4x400ft.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC