8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Anybody in the US that could help out?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody in the US that could help out?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 27, 2012 01:28 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's some movies on eBay where the seller only sends to registered addresses in the US. Could anybody help out if I bid on these? I could compensate for any work it would mean.

Thank you
Vidar

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 27, 2012 03:26 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar

I would be glad to help you. Please give me more info in a PM.

PatD

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 27, 2012 04:16 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is super of you. Hero along with Winbert ;-)

I'll send you a PM later today and I'll make bids on the items I'd like

Thank you again and continuous Merry Christmas

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 27, 2012 04:41 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar

My pleasure to help a fellow collector and forum member.

Pat [Big Grin]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted December 27, 2012 08:31 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, you are a saint,I was going to suggest naming a day after you
but they already have.A nice gesture from a nice man.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 27, 2012 09:05 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, there will be several scenarios that might happen:

1. Seller set the listing exclusively only for Ebayers registered in USA. In this regard you can not place your bid.

2. The listing is open but once the seller found you are not registered in the USA, seller can remove you. If seller do this in the last minutes you loose time to discuss with the seller hence you loose the items.

3. You win your items and offer Pat's address, he reject it because the address is different from your paypal address.

4. You dont have any problem and get the items. Congratulations!

So you can see there are 3 scenarios that may hinder you in getting the items. Two options you can do is talk with the seller first explaining your situation that you are going to use someone's address for shipping or (the best) ask someone in the USA to bid on your behalf.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 27, 2012 09:15 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Pat will PayPal it, I pay Pat the amount and some extra for his help. I know I have to pay extra shipping, but if I get them at my max price, it'll be okay

Appreciate the help from everyone in here, and if someone should need help from here, just ask

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2012 04:50 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scenario 5: The mailman manages to mess up the delivery, so neither you or Pat get anything [Frown] (That's what happened to me)

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 28, 2012 04:56 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I will pay Pat even if that happens ... He shall not lose anything on this

And it seems I won't be getting much, as I am a cheapskate and bid too low :-)

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 28, 2012 06:22 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh

A Saint? Your getting me confused with Roger Moore [Eek!]

----------------------------------------------------------------
Christian is right.

I tried to help him and it backfired. Neither of us got anything [Frown]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC