8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Raise The Titanic Full feature Super 8 Optical sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raise The Titanic Full feature Super 8 Optical sound
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2013 08:46 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year!
Am selling my very nice print of Raise the Titanic on super 8mm, mounted on 2 x 800' and 1x 600' very full spool. Secured in rigid plastic boxes. Print is sharp with good contrast and colour. Some master negative marks but I'd say a definate b/b+ print with great booming optical sound. I recently sold one of my Elmo ST1200 and made a video of it running Rasie the Titanic to demo the projectors optical playback, but see it here to see and hear the opening ofthis wonderful print: https://vimeo.com/49373418

Am asking £145 (its also on Ebay at £165)and am happy to post anyhwere at cost. Thank you

|  IP: Logged

Alex Goedert
Junior

- posted January 05, 2013 04:59 AM      Profile for Alex Goedert   Email Alex Goedert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent

The film would make an ideal addition to my Titanic collection :-)

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 05, 2013 06:30 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the RTT collective Alex!

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2013 03:58 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice Lee [Big Grin] I just pulled out my scope print and ran it tonight!

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 06, 2013 04:04 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://youtu.be/vS9muNdzn8M

The film is legend here as well Patrick as is the making of it. Amazing really when you think about it as it got such poor reviews but does look great in scope at home, and one day we may see a special event or something that fans can go to which would be very nice. I’ve mentioned before how lucky we are to have a very knowledgeable chap in the shape of J Smith over here who has photographed the model used for the film which is now rusting away.

http://youtu.be/ZhvengpwPj8

http://titanic-model.com/models/raise_the_titanic_movie_model/index.shtml

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2013 05:24 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alex, have sent you a PM reply regarding Raise The Titanic feature. Thank you

Ronald Kwiatkowski
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2013 09:21 AM      Profile for Ronald Kwiatkowski   Email Ronald Kwiatkowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Alex [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vinegar belongs in the salad...

Alex Goedert
Junior

- posted January 19, 2013 07:15 AM      Profile for Alex Goedert   Email Alex Goedert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesss!

Glad to say, "Raise the Titanic" arrived yesterday!

One happy S8 collector and Titanic nut... :-)
I must say i am positively astonished about the sound quality, it being my first film with optical sound.

Regards,
Alex

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 19, 2013 08:13 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a shame that the model wasn't donated to a museum somewhere. I don't understand how the model makers can see their work go to hell like that. Those photographs are astonishing. Not even a collector grabbed it up to put on display (where) to be enjoyed by others. Oh well as they say..on with the show!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 19, 2013 09:48 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think any collector would have to be one that collected
Renoirs, Van Goghs and Picassos to be able to afford to shift a
model that size Pat, especially in it's present state.

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2013 03:49 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think one of the ironies is how we are watching the deterioration of this model over the years, while doing exactly the same with the real ship....they should have saved it; that was one impressive model.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 19, 2013 04:07 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh

You would be surprised at what prices you can obtain film props if you know the right people. Just look at the end result of this one. If one has the money to afford it, then one has the money to get it from point A to point B. I've seen props from James Bond films end up in some ones back yard with plants growing through them!

PatD [Wink]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 19, 2013 04:33 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't agree on that Claus, the "Titanic" is a grave site and should
be left as such,not to be looted and pilllaged by people dining out
on a tragedy.The model on the other hand is a huge thing in
terrible repair that would more than likely disintegrate if anyone
tried to move it.It is sad, but it has served it's purpose,remember
the film was condemned as a loser by all and sundry,even though
we like it.In both cases I feel best left alone.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2013 06:38 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it is to date the largest complete Titanic model ever made for a movie, the model from Fox's 1953 Titanic film is still in existance and is on display somewhere, after filming of Titanic the model was altered into the Queen Mary for use in another film, it was also used as the liner Goliath in Goliath Awaits, the model was sold by Fox in the 1970s along with other ship models and props, it was reverted back into Titanic and has been restored complete with working electric lighting.
Oh and the RAISE THE TITANC model was shot sinking for a prelude to the film but it was cut, footage of this is on youtube, you can see small model people moving on the decks as well as the lifeboats lowering.

--------------------

Alex Goedert
Junior

- posted January 20, 2013 03:32 PM      Profile for Alex Goedert   Email Alex Goedert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but wasn't some of that "unused" RTT footage reused during the shooting of the TV movie "SOS Titanic"?

Alex

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2013 01:43 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No it was not, the producers asked if it could be used as it was shot while SOS was being filmed in early 79, but Lew Grade did not allow it, Some of the RAISE footage ended up in an 1981 episode of VOYAGERS, it was joined up with some un used footage from the 1953 TITANIC and used for the sinking scenes in the episode,
Another note about the RAISE model, it was used in the early 90s as the BRITTANIC for a German made miniseries, some photos of the model show one side painted out in Britannic's livery.

Actually the lifejackets that where made for the un-shot prelude for RAISE ended up being finally used in NO GREATER LOVE, which used the sinking scenes from SOS TITANIC along with life action shot on the Queen Mary which also was used in SOS for the life action!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC