8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » wanted: The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams super 8 optical sound feature

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wanted: The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams super 8 optical sound feature
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 29, 2013 12:42 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Though this has literally become a "running gag" these days, I am looking for a super 8 optical sound feature of this title, with good color.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 29, 2013 12:54 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have asked around some collectors here in Norway too. I think the circle consists of Swedes, Danes and Norwegians. Not sure it will end up with anything, but can't hurt to ask :-)

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 01, 2013 12:40 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ThanX Vidar! All help is greatly appreciated!

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 02, 2013 08:13 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, you should've got that nice 16mm print that was on ebay a
few weeks back. I still have that 16mm copy thats faded if you
want it, I tried it with a gel, and was amazed by the result. Anyway
it's here. If you're coming over for the Convention, I'll send it down,I also have the film "Heartbeeps" if you still want it.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2013 02:26 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I ever want a title as badly as you do, I'd buy a good print on any format. I see what looks like a good print here: Link.

Take it Osi, take it.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 18, 2013 01:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, that's that same 16MM that has been on ebay for quite awhile, (with actually, pretty darn good color), but if I was ever going to go for this film at a higher gauge, I'd find a 35MM ...

but the search goes on!

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 18, 2013 02:32 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Do you have a print of "When the North Wind Blows"?

-as a Grizzly fan you really should.

Dan Haggerty was brought into the crew as an animal wrangler and the producers of the movie liked him so much they created a speaking part for him.

This was his break into acting and the origin of Grizzly Adams on TV and movies. Later billing for "North Wind" calls Dan Haggerty the star of the film, when at the beginning he was supposed to be an honorable mention in the credits at most.

Same story too: a man escapes into the wilderness to avoid murder charges and finds he's happier there, just a different guy on a different continent

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC