8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Collector's Club Standard 8 Collection For Sale.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Collector's Club Standard 8 Collection For Sale.
Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2014 07:14 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a collection of around 270+ 200ft Standard 8 / B&W / Silent films from the British company "Collector's Club".

There are about 5 sound titles in there and a couple of sealed Walton prints (steam train themed).

I acquired these several years ago and intended to work my way through them, but have decided I don't have the time nor inclination to do so anymore, so I'd prefer them to go to a new home.

They are mostly boxed in original Collector's Club yellow card boxes but are UNCHECKED, although most appear to never have been projected and both boxes and films look in pretty good condition.

Have been stored well and no vinegar.

Some titles included are; Metropolis (200ft x 9), Nosferatu (200ft x 6), Battleship Potemkin (200ft x 5), Phantom of the Opera (200ft x 7) and The General (200ft x 7).

Although, I don't know if these titles are complete or not and really don't have time to run them.

Looking for £120.00 (British pound sterling) via paypal for the lot - will only sell as a bulk lot as I just want to move them on.

Now then, shipping may be a problem as this lot is HEAVY!!!

If you are interested, or have any questions, let me know here and I can look into shipping prices and do my best to answer anything else.

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 01, 2014 07:42 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you any idea how high the cost of shipping to USA may be? I am interested in the lot but may have to re-mortgage my house to pay the shipping!

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2014 08:34 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid so, Pasquale.

My initial guess-timate of weight is around 34Kg.

So shipping to USA via Parcelforce in the UK is in the region of £220.00

Gulp.

Unless anyone else can suggest cheaper options?

As a guide, shipping within UK looks like being about £80.00

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2014 02:18 PM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rob, sent you a PM.

--------------------
Ron

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 01, 2014 08:57 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought so. I could have it sent to my relative in the UK but then I won't be going there until next year. Too bad that's a great collection.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2014 01:05 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about a title list? (If you haven't sold them already).

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2014 08:03 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold; thanks to everyone that enquired.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC