8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » White Storage Boxes (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: White Storage Boxes
Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2015 02:43 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew sent you a PM

--------------------
t.smith

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 13, 2015 09:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you a new PM today Thomas.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2015 05:45 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew sent PM reply thanks

--------------------
t.smith

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2015 04:44 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew Tuesday okay payment sent thanks

--------------------
t.smith

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 17, 2015 06:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you a new PM Thomas

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 18, 2015 03:23 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
This hopefully, will give others ideas of what can be done with the 1200ft boxes to make them look a little better than just boring old white boxes with a label stuck on them. These are also laminated just for longevity and durability. [Razz]

A bit better than your average DVD cover, I am sure you'll agree.

Yippee.. my first successful photo placement on the forum without too much hassle!

-

[ February 19, 2015, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 19, 2015 01:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
and a few more:

-

--------------------

Stephen Iddon
Junior

- posted February 19, 2015 01:59 PM      Profile for Stephen Iddon   Email Stephen Iddon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am thinking of making these boxes with a digital picture and synopsis on the back even with a spine printed title.

Do you think you may be interested.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 19, 2015 02:02 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not too sure I entirely follow sorry. Please can you elaborate and do you mean printing the actual artwork onto the boxes at manufacturing stage?

--------------------

Stephen Iddon
Junior

- posted February 19, 2015 02:11 PM      Profile for Stephen Iddon   Email Stephen Iddon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I do mean print the box at the manufacturing stage.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 19, 2015 02:20 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I just produce these as and when I buy a new film. These don't take me long at all now Stephen as they all come from pre worked templates.

I cannot see that it would be feasible to design and manufacture and print a box for everyones one off demands, though hopefully, you will prove me wrong

How much would each double 1200ft box cost?

These by the way have artwork on every surface even the bottoms of the boxes with the details for synopsis, director etc etc as part of the front cover art.

Please let me know how your proposal would work?
Thanks, Andrew.

[ February 19, 2015, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 19, 2015 06:41 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I am left bewildered????

Hopefully Stephen will let me know how he is going to execute his business proposal tomorrow...and at what cost.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 19, 2015 11:02 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes I do mean print the box at the manufacturing stage.
Yes I have done this. I have even made a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvdLZ45vYyY

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 20, 2015 02:29 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I am perfectly aware Winbert, that it can be done... it's just whether it can be done on 2x1200ft reel boxes, all individualized with professional grade glossy artwork to a customer's individual specific requirements, on all surfaces covering any film title, whilst still being able to offer this as a service at a price point which a customer is happy to pay.

In other words, as a business model as Stephen was proposing.

This service, obviously would also have to include the postage to an individual customer per box set at the end.

Those were my questions to Stephen which brought about my bewilderment.

It's not a service I personally could ever offer anyone on here, which is why I sell the few extra plain 1200ft boxes I have over from what I need for myself, to others, and allow them to choose for themselves how to dress these things up and to whatever extent they choose.

My box art photographs were posted on here, just to give people who are buying these, some ideas of how they can look when decorated.

I try to keep the artwork as close to the original as possible including the spine detail as this final photo shows:

-

[ February 20, 2015, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC