8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted Soundtrack

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted Soundtrack
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2015 12:20 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does anybody happen to own a dvd/vhs copy of the little rascals title called "cat, dog & co." that has a musical soundtrack I have this super 8 title with a soundtrack but is blank hoping to score this with music I've checked on you tube and not much there. I am watching 2 VHS titles on eBay but one wants 20.00 shipping from here in the US thats ridiculous.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see 電o I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2015 01:12 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,
I could send you a vob file if you want to demux it on your end. I am working on a project currently with little time, but if you are willing to extract it from the vid...send me a pm and i can send you a link.
cheers,
Matt
ps: vob is 661mb

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 30, 2015 01:19 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it's the original sound but it may interest someone : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fQOF5EtZ0I

--------------------
Dominique

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2015 02:41 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a link to a bunch of other Public Domain Hal Roach Little Rascals that you can rip audio from if needed. They don't have Dogs,Cat & Co, but I have everything, so no worries if you need something...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL29jydFHKxjIN54rJkzSEJMdrHSgZZ9c7

Cheers,
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2015 04:59 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,
I have a DVD copy of that title. I will play it too see if it has a sound track. If it does I can mail you the disc OK?
Roger Out,
I'm going to put it into the DVD player right now!

Good news Jim Yes it has an organ soundtrack with sound effects.
Let me know if you want me to send it to you?

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2015 05:53 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks roger I accept your offer thanks

--------------------
jim schrader

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2015 06:13 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Jim I should have your address from last time and I will mail it out to you this week and don't worry about the shipping cost just send it back to me when you are done with it and no hurry getting it back to me.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2015 07:53 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks roger
As far as the other responses thanks for all your help.
[Smile]

--------------------
jim schrader

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2015 08:24 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK Jim,
Found your address and I have to go to the P.O. tomorrow so it will be on your way soon!
RS

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2015 08:38 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you found what you are looking for Jim, but just to be clear, you've chosen snailmail(no offense to Roger, thanx for offer!) over a fast download, and you will be doing the same thing once you get the disk as to what i offered you [Smile]
Just wanted to clarify for yourself or any others in future. A vob file is the exact video file with sound(organ track). A 5 minute dowload max on highspeed internet!
Cheers,
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2015 12:47 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,
Sent you a PM

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 31, 2015 02:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You just have to love the support and help that folks can get on here! Well done, dudes! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2015 04:53 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] thanks Matthew for your file my computers are pretty small not sure your file would fit how big is it?

--------------------
jim schrader

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 31, 2015 04:56 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Jims a great guy, as anyone on here who has ever dealt with him will surely testify! Glad people are able to assist you Jim. [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2015 05:38 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,
The DVD went out this morning and will arrive to you on friday.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2015 09:17 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jim,
It is 661mb. You can try it downloading here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyjt4miozqnj10z/VTS_02_1.VOB?dl=0

I am trying to understand what you plan to do with the DVD from Roger once you get it. If you are not going to copy to your computer and strip the audio so you can then put it on the mag strip of your Super 8 copy, then I would love to hear what you will do. I don't know of another method?
DVD players record in Vob. The vob is a combination of audio and video. You can demux(this is the technical term not one i make up [Smile] ) the file with a demuxer to strip the audio track.
See here how to do: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/342684-How-to-extract-audio-from-vob-files

I'll leave the link up for a day or two then remove it due to its size, but use as you wish!
Cheers,
Matt
ps: you can sample(watch) this vob on your computer using many DVD playing programs, such as VLC or powerdvd or powerdirector or.....

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2015 09:28 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew, your file is only 30 seconds long. I can set up my dvd player to play it while my projector records the sound it may not match up but it takes a few tries to get it close as long as there is no voices to match, this way I can watch the dvd and the projected picture to see how far they drift apart. I dont have a sync box.

--------------------
jim schrader

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2015 11:25 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Jim,

I hope you can use the DVD. If not you can make a copy because there are 8 little rascal shorts on the disc and they have all been digitally mastered from the original negative so the picture & audio quality is excellent! Mathew you must be a sound engineer because you sure are knowledgeable about audio & video! [Smile]

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2015 02:10 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,

I am not sure why dropbox limits the viewing to 30 seconds. Just ignore the preview and download the file.
At the bottom right, you see beside the word 'share' three dots like this : ... Click on those dots to download the whole file.

Here is an updated link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfrc431p8ndjdck/cat_dog_Co.VOB?dl=0
Cheers,
Matt

@Roger- [Smile] No, not a sound engineer, but I have created a couple music CD's if that counts [Smile] hopefully Jim can use your files, and everyone can watch my vob file in the meantime with some popcorn in hand! Gotta love Hal Roach!

Ps: I am not sure where the original source of this track came from, but what i can say is that the DVD set I bought of Hal Roach silents about 10 years ago from ebay is very rare and I haven't seen it sold since. It looks like someone made a set of their own films and release them, so you may like both soundtracks if mine differs from Rogers. I am not sure if they will or not. Will be interesting to know....

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2015 08:56 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have ripped the sound from Matthew's 611MB file, at a high bitrate, the result is just the audio, and a much more manageable 50MB file.
Here it is in case you would like to download it.

Oops. Forgot the link.
http://we.tl/UuDq0sUyFC

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2015 09:10 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx so much for doing that Pete! I feel bad because i have a project due in one week and am not doing well completing it, but no excuss to leave a fellow forum member hanging...so thanx so much for doing this for us!
I will leave the vob link up for the rest of today in case anyone else needs it, then i will remove since i only have the entry level space on dropbox.
Cheers,
Matt

ps: Pete, your link didn't seem to post so if you could add that would be spendid.

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2015 09:16 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://we.tl/UuDq0sUyFC

Try that. [Smile]

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2015 10:49 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mathew,
I have two different complete Our Gang DVD Collections.
The one I sent Jim is from MFI Media uncut originals 11 disc set with 88 shorts and
they included quite a few of the early silent Pathe Our Gangs w/added sound tracks which I really like.

The other set I have is The Little Rascals "The Complete Collection" by genius entertainment with about 77 shorts.

Both sets are digitally mastered from the original negatives so the picture & sound quality are excellent!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC