8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Bambi Derann feature ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bambi Derann feature ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 16, 2017 12:28 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not my auction ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1942-Super-8-Magnetic-Sound-Disneys-Bambi-Derann-Print-Full-Length-Feature-EX-/282473783893?hash=item41c4bfe255:g:slYAAOSwurZZEght

Good starting bid on it. I asked the seller if he could put up some screenshots of the actual print though, as, there ARE some really bad bluish prints circulating out there, so bad that they are nearly unwatchable, so I hope that it's a good color print.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2017 08:03 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember correctly, the Derann prints were struck from a widescreen cropped negative which ruins the composition of many scenes. And the Main Titles are cut off as well. I saw this version when it was released to theaters and it was disheartening. Fortunately the 16mm rental prints are not from that negative.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2017 03:40 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If my memory serves me correctly quite a lot of Disney re-issue
cinema releases on 35mm film were cropped for widescreen.

The reason being that most 35mm Cinema Projectors were using
the 1.85:1 aperture plates in the gate as the "norm".

Very view sites save those "Art House" ones who were more purists were actually bothering to project the other ratios and prints
as they were meant to be seen except of course the " Scope " ratios.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Mike Blasko
Junior

- posted May 17, 2017 09:20 AM      Profile for Mike Blasko   Email Mike Blasko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up a print from this seller recently and it was in great shape. He isn't a collector.. "selling for a friend," but they are nice prints.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 17, 2017 08:17 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike Blasko, while you are here, I sent you a reply of your PM. Check your mail please.

Thanks

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC