8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » To Hauke about The 10 Commandments on eBay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To Hauke about The 10 Commandments on eBay
Gilbert Lambert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2017 11:41 PM      Profile for Gilbert Lambert   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Hauke, for reason unknown I can not reply to you on the question you asked through this Forum. I hope they can fix the problem. So here it is, I projected this print with my Bell and Howell DCT, I can assure you the picture on the screen was very steady. NO annoying up and down or left to right movements at all. For somebody who has no idea about formats, it's like watching a running in the cinemas / movie theatre of the 35mm print with all its charm as you told me. 20 years ago I would never have sold this movie. Have a nice day. Gilbert
Note : The print carries extra white strong leader in front of each part to protect the movie on each reel against jamming when loading in a projector. I use Bell and Howell DCT and I never ruined a movie with my projector since I bought it in 1980.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 10, 2017 03:51 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one thing about marketing prints is that they were one of the best as far as being rock steady was. We have many and not one has anything other than a rock steady image.

[ September 10, 2017, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Hauke Lippert
Junior

- posted September 10, 2017 04:38 AM      Profile for Hauke Lippert   Email Hauke Lippert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Gilbert, thanks for the feedback!
Hauke

Gilbert Lambert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2017 07:26 AM      Profile for Gilbert Lambert   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is true Tom. Imagine that Marketing would have used Agfa or LPP, Sad we are now stocked with all those faded prints. But this 10 Commandments was rock steady on my screen.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC