8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Steamboat Bill Jr. Buster Keaton

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Steamboat Bill Jr. Buster Keaton
David M. Ice
Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2019 04:56 PM      Profile for David M. Ice   Author's Homepage   Email David M. Ice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for a Blackhawk print of the Buster Keaton STEAMBOAT BILL JR. Thanks!

David Ice

|  IP: Logged

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2019 04:59 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, I had a print of this film! And sold it! If I come across another I will let you know! Leon.

David M. Ice
Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2019 07:46 AM      Profile for David M. Ice   Author's Homepage   Email David M. Ice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! I really want to find a copy....and hopefully have it mag striped and add a music track.

Rene Ruppert
Junior

- posted February 28, 2019 03:57 PM      Profile for Rene Ruppert   Email Rene Ruppert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, the Blackhawk print was offered silent and with a soundtrack (Gaylord Carter's organ music). Maybe you'll find a prestriped print. I'm not a big friend of organ soundtracks, so I rerecorded the print with Carl Davis' orchestral music that was released on the British Buster Keaton collection by Eureka. It's a piece of (digital) work to get the music in sync with the picture as the Blackhawk print uses the international version of the film (which has sometimes different takes and camera angles - it's the same with Blackhawk's silent version of "The Gold Rush"). But the effort is worth it: IMHO the Carl Davis soundtrack is the best music for this movie by far.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC