8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Elmo instruction manuals and reel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Elmo instruction manuals and reel
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 21, 2006 05:05 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone is willing to sell any of the following, in good condition, please let me know:

Elmo GS-1200 instruction manual
Elmo ST-600 instruction manual
Elmo 600' reel

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2006 07:53 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, both the manuals you want are available as free downloads from this forum. Click on the link below & select Manuals from the left hand side, then select 8mm projectors.

Manuals

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 22, 2006 11:05 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now where is he gonna download the reel from, though? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 23, 2006 06:16 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Craig
Thanks for the tip, but I could do with printed copies, especially as one is to go with a projector I'm selling. I've now found a UK company that does copies for not too excessive prices.
Great on-line resource, though. Good to see the GS-1200 service manual on there, though I hope I never have to look at it!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 23, 2006 08:09 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, I decided it was time for the manual to be on the forum for those interested. I was for ever emailing parts of it to various people but the main thing was the fact that I hate the way there are these people who keep selling copies on ebay for over inflated prices [Frown] .

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Stig L Lundberg
Junior

- posted March 24, 2006 04:50 PM      Profile for Stig L Lundberg   Email Stig L Lundberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,
should anyone feel the same about the service manual for the Beaulieu 708 please feel free to post it or mail it to me.
I've just managed to get mine running thanks to kind assistance of Bo Svalin of this forum, just to find it is running at wrong speed.
Stig

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 25, 2006 11:19 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but I could do with printed copies, especially as one is to go with a projector I'm selling. I've now found a UK company that does copies for not too excessive prices
Adrian,

sorry for asking the overly obvious, but is there no printer attached to your computer?

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 25, 2006 06:53 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,
There is a printer attached, but as I want to end up with a good reprint-type booklet with double sided pages, there's no easy way to achieve that via the downloads, as the pages are all consecutive.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 25, 2006 10:21 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Point taken.

Granted, one could just print all the odd pages first, then re-insert the printed stack of pages backwards in the printer tray, then print the even pages... but one mistake and it's all ruined... so yeah... point taken.

[Wink]

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 26, 2006 03:02 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In fact I couldn't do that as each downloaded page would have an odd and even manual page side by side.
If I printed everything, divided each page and pasted them on to another sheet, I could eventually end up with a rather thick A5 booklet, but it wouldn't be ideal, and when I take into account the cost of the paper, printer ink and adhesive, I don't have to put a lot of value on my time to make one sold for about £10 seem the best option!

[ March 26, 2006, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 26, 2006 09:47 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Point DEFINITELY taken. [Eek!] [Cool] (Didn't know the online manual came like that) [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC